UKC

Haglofs Ibex II softshell trouser, anyone used them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stevefromstoke 26 Jan 2009
Im looking for some inexpensive soft shell trousers for winter routes < grade III. Saw the Haglofs Ibex II pants at £80 and wondered if anyone had used them or could recomend something better at a similar price
Thanks in advace
Jimbo W 26 Jan 2009
In reply to stevefromstoke:

No, but I have to say that the Haglofs Omni II pant is absolutely excellent. Highly recommended. Good for skiing too.
 CJD 26 Jan 2009

just googled and they look very similar to their RayQ trousers, of which I have a pair. I really really like mine - really well cut, with proper long legs and no gaping back. Not hugely waterproof for, say, bumsliding, but great for climbing in, what with the four-way stretch.
 TobyA 26 Jan 2009
In reply to stevefromstoke: I've got a jacket made of the same material. Its very flexible and hard wearing, but it isn't particularly windproof or thick. If you are moving all the time and have long johns on below, I'm sure it will be fine for winter climbing, but I get cold in very similar patagonia pants if I have to stand around a long time belaying in cold windy weather.

I've always been very impressed with the cut and quality of all my past Haglofs gear, but the stitching on that softshell isn't very good - loose and hence easily snagging and starting to run on the arms for example. I had the sewing machine out a couple of times to fix it. Not too impressed, but perhaps I just got unlucky.
 telemarker 26 Jan 2009

I went the whole hog and got the Jaw pant. I absolutely love them, used them skiing and climbing, dead comfy and warm. Much more expensive though. Would definately recommend them.
Ian Black 26 Jan 2009
In reply to stevefromstoke: Use the Omni's for winter climbing and they are the Dawgs.
 iceland41 27 Jan 2009

Another vote for the omnis. Use them for skiing and ice climbing
 ianslade 27 Jan 2009
> Im looking for some inexpensive soft shell trousers for winter routes < grade III. Saw the Haglofs Ibex II pants at £80 and wondered if anyone had used them or could recomend something better at a similar price
> Thanks in advace

I saw the whole Haglofs range last year for this winter when buying for the shop I work in and I chose the Ibex II pants over every thing eles. If your not taken by them then have a look at the M.E. Combin Pant or the Rohan Super Striders although they are a bit more expencive.
Jimbo W 28 Jan 2009
In reply to ianslade:

Just out of interest.. ..why did you go for the ibex over the other pants in the Haglofs range?
 ianslade 28 Jan 2009
In reply to Jimbo W: Well we were looking for a soft shell pant, of which from Haglofs there is the Ibex pant, the Omni pant and the Jaw pant. The Ibex pant suits our customer profile, (the Jaw pants are wind stopper which we were not looking for and the Omni pants were a bit to techi) they fit well and the main reason is that they are a well featured trouser that is well made for a good price.
 moleboy 06 Feb 2009
In reply to ianslade: I am also interested in the Ibex II pants but can't seem to find anywhere that sells them. Webtogs do them online but they only have a large and I need a small. Anyone have any ideas where I could get a pair from? Failing that I'd be prepared to look at the Omni but these are probably too technical for hillwalking and strictly a bit out of my price range.
 ianslade 06 Feb 2009
In reply to antpearson: We have the Ibex pant in size small (30" waist) in black at the shop I work in (Hi-Peak Leisure, Stoke on Trent 01782 268102) they are £100, we can do mail order or come into the shop by all means.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...