UKC

Feet First....... deserve three cheers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 The Lemming 24 Feb 2009
Just got my 12 year old Nepal Extreme boots back this evening and I have to say that I am very impressed with the quality and workmanship done by Feet First in Sheffield.

Apart from the original leather uppers it is like having a new pair of boots which fit me like a glove. I got the vibram and mid-sole fitted at the same time so that I could get the bails back on the front of my boots. I had heard rumours that a re-sole would cause boots to shrink however I can happily say that this has not happened in any shape or form.

I'm now looking forward to my trip to ScottyLand on Thursday.

Just thought I'd let people know about the good service that I was shown by the chaps and thank them for getting my boots back in time for my trip even though I left it so close to my actual trip.
 CurlyStevo 25 Feb 2009
In reply to The Lemming:
cue no end of problems once you have the midsole changed

since they repaired mine I had the plastic toe part crack (as they filled it thinner than it was originally), I've had the sole come away from both the rubber and the mid sole. This is now third time they have repaired mine in 3 2.5 years!
 gingerdave13 25 Feb 2009
In reply to The Lemming: not had boots done, but my climbing shoes are going ok. Mate has his done bout a year ago and they still going strong too.
 niggle 25 Feb 2009
In reply to The Lemming:

Two thumbs up for Feet First!

Had my knackered old katanas resoled with 5.10 rubber and they're better than they were orginially!
OP The Lemming 03 Mar 2009
In reply to The Lemming:

Just had a few days Munro Bagging and given my newly refurbished boots a good testing and I can happily say that I am still confident in my decision to resole rather than buy a new pair.

Though I don't think that hiring a mountain bike and then riding back down from a Bothy at dusk with a full-day's sac on my back is what the boots were intended for. Plus my botty didn't half hurt for a couple of days afterwards, especially as I hadn't ridden a bike for 18 months.

I just hope that I get another 10 years wear out of my boots.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...