UKC

DWS and chalk bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve H87 06 May 2009
Does anyone know of any designed especially for DWS?
 fizz 06 May 2009
In reply to Steve H87:

Take a plastic mineral water bottle, cut the top off leaving around 4/5 inches as a cup, pierce it and thread a bit of string through, and add a smidgeon of loose chalk each time you DWS. Means you lose v little chalk each time you fall in and you've got a waterproof 'chalk bag'.

Worked for us!

Depending on where you're going / how you access the the DWS, a dry bag is handy for chalk and cameras too.
 jkarran 06 May 2009
In reply to Steve H87:

Freezer bag with the neck rolled down a couple of times so it stays open, pebble for ballast, handful of chalk and a bulldog clip. Job done.

jk
 dirtbag1 06 May 2009
In reply to climberjamie:
Cheers for the link Jamie.
I've just perfected a new DWS design, but it's not made it onto the website yet.
It's a quickdrying DWS outer with a removeable polar fleece inner, so you can chop and change between a normal chalk bag and DWS bag.
I also do more standard DWS bags (again not yet on the website)....so much to do!
For more info and prices, feel free to email me.
Cheers Drew
OP Steve H87 06 May 2009
In reply to climberjamie: I can't see any sections regarding DWS chalk bags? am i missing something
In reply to Steve H87: Sorry Steve, i knew Drew did one but it's not on his website as it has been Remodelled/upgraded! Look at the post above from Dirtbag1, that is the man who makes them with his own hands!

The removeable fleece sounds like a brilliant idea, just ring him or e-mail him thriugh here or his website as he is really quite friendly and only too happy to help from my experience.
OP Steve H87 08 May 2009
In reply to climberjamie: Have done already cheers for the advice, Steve
 James Oswald 08 May 2009
In reply to dirtbag1:
Any ideas on how much these cool new chalk bags will cost?
In reply to james oswald: Ring Drew and ask him.
 Cowflinger 12 May 2009
Try this. www.malhamba.com
 Cowflinger 12 May 2009
Actually ive just checked and the website is under
maintentance, the chalk bag i have seen for DWS is also on this link
http://www.dwsworld.com/products.htm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...