UKC

a good vs to do in the llanberis pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ribtech 08 May 2009

off to the pass this weekend just woundering what would be good to go at at the vs standard thanks
In reply to ribtech:

VS is a very good grade in the Pass. They're almost all classics. But Nose Direct and Sabre Cut are exceptional.
 Jamie B 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:

I'm going to be controversial and say that the very best N.Wales VS that I've done havent been in the Pass itself: Mur Y Niwl on Craig Yr Ysfa, Great Slab on Cloggy, Kirkus's on Cwm Silyn, Lot's Wife in Ogwen and Lavaredo Wall have somehow managed to eclipse anything I've done at that grade in the heart of the beast. But that's just my experience.
 Enty 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:

Sabre Cut

Enty
 SiWood 08 May 2009
In reply to Jamie Bankhead:

Have to agree with the Kirkus route suggestion.

I did it last weekend on a flying visit over to Wales. Top two pitches are just excellent, either is deserves 3 stars or I have been missing the welsh rock too much !!
In reply to ribtech:

Obviously the Direct on the Mot, and Noah's Warning and Cobweb Crack on the Cromlech - not really soft touches though.
In reply to O. C. Curmudgeon:

Oh and I also thought Ribstone Crack was great.
Removed User 08 May 2009
In reply to O. C. Curmudgeon:

As a first go Nea, a bit soft touch for VS but good.

If that goes OK then straight onto Phantom Rib, harder but some very good bits.

If still going well pop round to the left and up a bit and have a pop at Little Sepluchure.

Bit of lunch, then Noah's Warning on Cromlech.

If still OK then its HVS for you!!

Gary.
 wilkie14c 08 May 2009
In reply to Removed User:
another vote for Sabre Cut, also shadow Wall is pretty good!
 nigel pearson 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech: I would second Sabre Cut as a memorable VS
 jezb1 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech: Haven't got my guidebook handy, how many pitches is Sabre Cut?
Jonno 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:

I always find a thing called a guidebook a good starting point. In fact there is a new shiny Llanberis GB that has come out in the last month.
 Reach>Talent 08 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:
A quicker question may be "What crap VS climbs in the pass are there as I'm looking to avoid them?" I can't think of any. Sabre cut is definitely a worthwhile tick, Nea is a good warmup.
 Bulls Crack 09 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:

Why do you want to go off to Snowdonia when there are loads of perfectly good VS's, some more than 30 foot high, in The Peaks?
 richardhopton 09 May 2009
In reply to ribtech:
Sabre Cut for the second pitch(say hello to my number 2 nut) then Shadow Wall for the second pitch..slightly more exposed than you would expect for VS. Wicked climbs!
In reply to Bulls Crack:

From his profile, he lives in Wales. Snowdonia may be more convenient than the Peak District.
Anonymous 10 May 2009
In reply to Bulls Crack:

Satire is wasted on some people.

CJ.
Anonymous 10 May 2009
In reply to ribtech: You should try The Crevice on Carreg Wastad. Excellent VS climbing

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...