UKC

Socks with rock shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 pdufus 09 May 2009
After lots of debate I've started to wear thin trainer socks with my climbing shoes for about a year now. I havnt noticed any difference in performance, but the health of my feet not to mention the smell of my shoes has improved 100%. Why do most people go for sockless? Do you really get a tighter fit with no movement of shoe over foot?
OP pdufus 09 May 2009
In reply to Marc C: Looks like socks are in...how about with sandals
 Marc C 09 May 2009
In reply to pdufus: IF you think socks are ok with rock shoes then you must also think socks with sandals are groovy!
In reply to pdufus:

Use to climb sockless when I first started climbing as it seemed like "the thing to do", but my feet started to have a really iffy odour to them and a black growth started to swamp the skin of my feet... Was cleaning my feet religiously (i.e. after every climbing session, as well as my usual two showers a day!) but the stench of my feet lingered. Tried washing and buying new shoes everytime the smell got really bad, but this didn't work either, a few days later the smell would be back!

Been wearing a thin trainer sock for the past year and a bit now, smell has gone and so has the "lovely" growth! However the skin is still recovering, hopefully they'll return back to normal soon with some help from Nivea!

Overall, wearing socks I haven't seen any difference in my grade, only difference is I'm slightly more pleasant to climb with! :oD
 icnoble 09 May 2009
In reply to pdufus: My wife makes me wear socks as she reckons if i dont it will ruin my climbing shoes

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...