UKC

bus from harvik to lofoten

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dr Caterpillar 20 May 2009
Just before i book my flights, is there definitely a bus from this airport to lofoten? Anyone know how often it runs/how long it takes/how much it is?
In reply to Dr Caterpillar:

I imagine you mean Narvik not Harvik?

If its Narvik then yes, there is a "Ekspressbussruter" from Narvik centre to Lofoten, for example to Svolvær etc.

rutetider for ekspressbussruter:

http://www.177nordland.no/ruter/t/23-760.aspx

They are regular and even run on sundays.

I imagine there will be a bus from Narvik airport to Narvik bus station.

ttfn

Jamie
thats what i meant thanks very much!

jim hughes 20 May 2009
In reply to Jamie Simpson - Alpine Dragons: Narvik airport is about 60km toward lofoten on the lofoten road from Narvik so i assume that you dont have to go in to Narvik to go to the lofotens. I just drive cause I live 2 hours away
XXXX 20 May 2009
In reply to jim hughes:

When I went to Norway, I found it hugely expensive and 'regular' meant daily when talking about buses/trains/boats.

Sometimes I think people live in a different Norway to the one I went to. It's an amazing place though.

jim hughes 20 May 2009
In reply to Eric the Red: I live just in sweden so I am saved from the rediculous prices. I agree though, it is expensive.
 Jenny C 21 May 2009
In reply to Dr Caterpillar:
When we were out there a couple of years ago a bus from the airport connected with incoming flights in Harstad and (I think) it was about an hours transfer to Narvik. We had relied on meeting friends at the airport (who missed their connecting flight) so hadn't done our homework on transfers but we had no problems asking for advice - the bus driver even gave us (clear) directions to our accommodation after dropping us off.

I would recommend Spor1 if you need basic affordable accommodation in Narvik itsself. Cheap (for Norway), clean and a choice of dorms or private rooms.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...