UKC

CragX shop off the air?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbingsimon 20 May 2009
Does anyone know what's happened to the CragX shop? Tried the usual website in my favourites but just comes back with a quote about improving performance or something a bit philosophical (whatever that's worth!) - back soon it said, but when? Was hoping to pop in over the weekend as I'm up in Sheff with friends and wanted to see what shoes they've got in at the mo.

Cheers,

Simon
 KA_R36 20 May 2009
In reply to climbingsimon:
still there but just moved to
http://www.cragxclimbing.com/
and shop still there when I was in today and yesterday with great range of shoes
OP climbingsimon 20 May 2009
In reply to kat rivett:

Ah, cool. Will make an effort to pop in if (when) the weather craps out this weekend!

Cheers,

Simon
 FrogHero 21 May 2009

That's good news - they really know their stuff when it comes to rock shoes. I've spent hours in there whilst they made sure I had the right pair.
 CragX Shop 21 May 2009
Hi Simon. Sorry you had trouble finding us. Kat is right - our site has moved to cragxclimbing.com

Since you're looking for shoes, here is our rock shoe range http://cragxclimbing.com/CragX-Climbing-Shop-rockshoes-c-303.html in all it's glory.

Iain, CragX
Speaking of Crag X and shoes, anyone know if Tenaya shoes still exist? Bought a pair of their Anasazi-alikes from them ages ago, and they were a top shoe and a fine bargain... but haven't seem them for sale anywhere for a while...

M
 JCarroll 21 May 2009
In reply to CragX Shop:
So why the change? Was there a buy-out, or something? Under new management?
Hopefully we'll still get the CragX service and advice!
Removed User 21 May 2009
In reply to mattinthedesert: you might have to travel to Spain... Or try barrabes.com
 CragX Shop 21 May 2009
In reply to JCarroll:
Hi J.

There's been no buyout and we still have the same owners and staff. The only change is the web address. You'll still get the same service and advice.

If anything, improvements to our web systems mean that our service is getting better and quicker for web sales.

Iain
 CragX Shop 21 May 2009
In reply to mattinthedesert:

Hi Matt, I fear BD is right. The last I knew Tenaya were still going but they're not imported into the UK any more.

Iain
 FrogHero 22 May 2009
In reply to CragX Shop:

Tanaya make some great shoes and they're excellent value - it there's any room left in the shop you should get some in

interdit 22 May 2009
In reply to CragX Shop:
> (In reply to climbingsimon)
> Hi Simon. Sorry you had trouble finding us. Kat is right - our site has moved to cragxclimbing.com

hi iain,

have you dropped the www.cragx.com site completely?

can you get your developer to stick a 301 Permanent redirect on the server for any page at that URL?

1 - any customers, like the chap above, who come looking for you via old links / bookmarks will automatically find you.

2 - cragx.com is still first in google's search results when searching for 'cragx'. a 301 redirect will remove this and, most importantly, it will have your page rank transferred to the new site.

google has quite a few of your old pages still ranked, but the punter will get a big 'fail' page if they click on one of the links.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site%3Awww.cragx.com&sourceid=navclien...

very important that it is a 301-permanent, rather than a crappy javascript redirect, for example, giving a 302 temporary.

ps. developer wants a slight kick up the arse imo. you are definitely losing business if people who look for you can't find you.
 doogie 22 May 2009
In reply to CragX Shop:
>
> Since you're looking for shoes, here is our rock shoe range http://cragxclimbing.com/CragX-Climbing-Shop-rockshoes-c-303.html in all it's glory.
>
> Iain, CragX

Good to hear you've not gone offline - I've been wanting to check out the new Five Ten Project shoes, but I have been struggling to find somewhere that stocks them. Do you know how the sizing compares to the Dragons (I take those in UK 8.5)?

Thanks.
 CragX Shop 22 May 2009
In reply to interdit: Yes, we've dropped cragx.com completely. There is a single CragX.com page still there but it ain't us.
Iain
 CragX Shop 22 May 2009
In reply to doogie: Hi Doogie.

The project is sized much bigger than a dragon, more like the Jet7. If I had to guess I'd say drop 1.5 to 2 sizes form your Dragons for a similar fit but the project is much narrower than the dragon so it is hard to be at all precise - it will depend on your feet and a lot of people don't get on with both.

All in all, I'd recommend you come in and try them (or at least give us a ring to talk about it in more detail).

HTH, CragX
 doogie 22 May 2009
In reply to CragX Shop:
>
> All in all, I'd recommend you come in and try them (or at least give us a ring to talk about it in more detail).
>
> HTH, CragX

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I may get on with them as I have quite narrow feet, and I'm finding the laces on the Dragons to be a bit of a pain.

I'll try to visit the shop over the weekend as I'm up in the Peak District for the bank holiday.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...