UKC

Primus Gravity II EF

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 heist182 24 May 2009
Picked this up cheap on ebay and i'm really intrigued by the design. On the gas injector just below the burner there are four holes in the copper tubing. You can just about see this if you go on the Primus etaPackLite stove advert in bold at the top of the forums (might have to click through a few until it appears).

Now i haven't had the opportunity to test it out yet because i don't have any gas but I'm baffled. I can see why it is important for the gas to mix with oxygen before it goes to the burner but surely in any significant wind all my gas is going to get blown away before it gets near the burner. Would someone like to explain because i don't get it?

Cheers
OP heist182 24 May 2009
Found a better picture of it on the manual: http://www.primus.se/Archive/Documents/Primus%20Dokument/Manuals/Instructio...

You can see the holes in figure 3 just along from where number 12 is pointing and also in figure 2.
 Mark Stevenson 24 May 2009
In reply to heist182: Did you never use a bunsen burner in school science lessons?

It might be worth remembering what one of them looks like, and have a think about how they work.
OP heist182 25 May 2009
In reply to Mark Stevenson: As I said in my first post i understand why the gas needs to be mixed with air and how it does this through the Venturi effect as in a bunsen burner. However in your average chemistry laboratory it's not blowing a gale. My question was related to the impact of the wind on the holes.

I'm guessing that the effect is negligible and Primus haven't produced an utterly useless stove. I was more looking to see if someone could tell me why it's not effected - there is practically a 1cm gap in the gas injector. Are you saying if i blew across the hole on a bunsen burner it wouldn't effect the burn? If so why not? I am very curious and would be grateful if someone could enlighten me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...