UKC

Camping / parking below Climbers Club huts in Llanberis Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Simon Wells 27 May 2009
I seem to remember seeing tents and parked cars beneath the Climbers Club huts in the Llanberis Pass?

Is this still allowed?

If so how much does it cost, who do we pay and can I park my campervan there?

Thanks for all the information!
 Al Evans 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells: Click on huts
http://www.climbers-club.co.uk/
 Fidget 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

That hut is Ynys Ettws. As far as I'm aware, rules for camping (and parking) are the same as that for staying in the hut - each member can sign in 3 non members, all to sign in in the hut. Al's link may confirm, if not you could email the hut secretary.
Simon Wells 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

Thanks Al & Sarah,

I've looked on the CC site and could'nt see any mention of camping, even if signed in by CC members.

We could always stay opposite the Vaynol, it always a pain parking in the pass, so might get the bus up from Nant Peris. We'd thought that by staying near the CC huts we could just walk to the crags.

Cheers

Simon
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

It is allowed if you are a member and presumably if you are signed in by a member too. Current cost for guests is £6 a night I believe. Joining the CC might be your best bet of you want to use the facilities.

Chris
Chris Tan Ver. LI - On the Bog 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

It's only 20 minutes lazy stroll from Nant Peris to the Cromlech Boulders.
 owlart 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells: I think you may be referring to the campsite next-door to the CC Hut, Blaen-y-Nant. Aparently this campsite is no longer a campsite, and somebody is redeveloping the land in some way. Shame, as it was a nice site in a superb location!
 Al Evans 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells: Just checked and camping at Ynys is restricted to members only.
Simon Wells 27 May 2009
In reply to Al Evans:

Cheers for the info Al!

Thought about joining the CC, but having a camper van and my wife as my main climbing partner sort of cancels out the main benifits. She gets jealouse if I climb with anther person, I have to make sure that on the odd occassion I climb with others they are male. In the CC's defence the new Llanberis guides looks amazing, so might be worth the subs just to see more guides like the beris one.

I don't want to park the van in one of the laybyes and get moved on in the early hours.
 AJM 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

We spent the bank holiday a year ago parked in an obvious camper van opposite the cromlech boulders, plus a night at bus stop in the van too, and had no problems.

AJM
Simon Wells 27 May 2009
In reply to AJM:

Well-done AJM!

Did you get the old lady collecting money for the 'farmers'?

She didn't believe me last time I camped in the pass when I said I was the only one in the tent, she wanted a second pound for may 'companion' under the blanket next to me. At this point the large saluki lurcher looked up from under the blanket with the most disdainful looks that even the snobbish saluki can muster.

AJM 27 May 2009
In reply to Simon Wells:

Nope... You're in a layby on the road after all, not the farmers land...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...