UKC

Help! I've got bridie in my compass.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 fishy1 09 Jun 2009
Well, not a whole one. I was eating one for lunch today, and somehow a couple of crumbs managed to get in my compass, from the back. I think they fell in the turning bit where there is a small cavity and then somehow been ground through. They are now inside the liquid bit, pretty tiny but visible. No air has got in. Should I/can I get them out?
 Hay 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:
I would be very careful.
I once demagnetised a compass with a steak bake.
 brieflyback 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:

You'll just have to work around the fact that it continuously points towards Forfar. Could actually be more accurate than dealing with all that magnetic north nonsense.
Slugain Howff 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:

That's one seriously invasive piece of pastry!!

Can you confirm it is actually Bridie and not it's Aberdonian equivalent, the Bradie. This could make all the diference to the outcome.

Slugain
 brieflyback 10 Jun 2009
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Could even be just some low-grade Greggs stuff, which would play havoc with your bearings, just directing you towards the nearest pub or betting shop.
 Tony the Blade 10 Jun 2009
In reply to Martin76:
> (In reply to Slugain Howff)
>
> Could even be just some low-grade Greggs stuff,

thus turning your compass into a Chav-nav!

Tree 10 Jun 2009
In reply to Tony the Blade: pmsl! Coffee is now running down my monitor!
 MelH 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:

If it's not from one of the 2 well know bakeries in Forfar it's not a real Bridie, loon. Just some cheap impostor. ;-P
 sutty 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:

Bridie in your compass, do the bits look like this, if so you should be happy;

http://www.geocities.com/tessmcleod2004/
In reply to fishy1:

Get it on fleabay as a novelty kitch ironic snow-globe and buy several replacements with the proceeds.
OP fishy1 10 Jun 2009
In reply to MelH:
> (In reply to fishy1)
>
> If it's not from one of the 2 well know bakeries in Forfar it's not a real Bridie, loon. Just some cheap impostor. ;-P

How rude. My bridies may not be from saddlers or maclarens, but it's better than that. They were made by a half forfarian, who is an awesome cook, awesome climber, in fact he's generally awesome, with proper pastry and everything. The only variation from the original was the addition of some grated carrot, because I wanted more veg in the mix.

Is it saddlers or mclarens that make the special bridies that you have to order in advance? The ones with chopped meat instead of mince, they are excellent. Been over a year since I was there.
 The Lemming 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:

Brain hurts

How did you get crumbs in the compass and not air bubbles?
 MelH 10 Jun 2009
In reply to fishy1:
> (In reply to MelH)
> [...]
>
> They were made by a half forfarian, who is an awesome cook, awesome climber, in fact he's generally awesome, with proper pastry and everything. The only variation from the original was the addition of some grated carrot, because I wanted more veg in the mix.
>
What? Messing about with the ingredients of a local delicacy - I don't know - the youf of today!!! I'm half Forfarian and I would never dream of doing such a thing. You have to have the full on inbred Forfar gene before doing things like that ya know.

> Is it saddlers or mclarens that make the special bridies that you have to order in advance? The ones with chopped meat instead of mince, they are excellent. Been over a year since I was there.

Probably McLarens. They're the better bakers to be fair and have been around and making bridies the longest.

To be honest I don't actually eat meat so it's all completely irrelevant to me. :-D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...