UKC

Haresfield Beacon - Litter and Damage

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dassie 09 Aug 2009
Does anyone know what the situation is regarding the crag at Haresfield Beacon between Gloucester and Stroud? (I see it is now listed on this website) I understand that this area is part of National Trust but I am concerned about the litter, broken bottles, chopped down trees and rock damaged by fossil hunters. Dirty big bonfires lit inside the caves don't help either. It is the closest rock to my home and I have started bouldering here recently. Sadly there seem to be a significant number of non-climbers who seem intent on trashing the area. I find it totally tragic that people can be so selfish and destructive of such a scenic area. I was wondering if sometihng could be done to try and preserve the area before it turns into an unclimable eyesore? I'm sure I'm not the first to be grieved and complain.
 Bunchuk 18 Aug 2009
In reply to Dassie:

I totally agree with you there are so many camp fires ashes and broken bottles, its disgusting. Perhaps contacting the BMC for advice might help? Or maybe get some signs to make people aware that littering is not accepted. I for one would gladly take part in any organised clean up of the crag that could be arranged.

Jamie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...