UKC

Anyone know shop for climbing gear in Manchester city centre?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Scarab9 14 Aug 2009
Limited on time but wanna try and grab some QDs after work this evening as could do with them for weekend. No car so has to be in the centre though don't mind bit of a walk. Only place found on intrawebs is Ellis Brigham on Deansgate but from site can't tell if they sell packs or just singular (so more expensive )

Anyone know anywhere?

Alternative is I head down to MCC shop but bit of a trek to get back for my train then

Also if anyone wants to hire themselves to hit me on the nose with a newspaper and say "No!" when I start thinking "I could totally afford to get some shiny CAMs, I've just been paid!" that would be great :-p
 MJH 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9: Cotswolds on Deansgate or Oxford Rd?
OP Scarab9 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9:

cheers forgot bout that one! I'll bob down after work.

galpinos 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9:

If you live in New Mills the shop at the Rope Race in Marple would be a good bet.
 Dan Lane 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9:

There is also Alpenstock in Stockport, not far from the train station, if your going that way. they do BMC, scout and other discounts too, i think.
 ChrisHolloway1 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9: There's 2 Cotswolds in the City centre, theres a Cotswolds rock bottom on Oxford road, they have a load of gear upstairs, and there is a Cotswolds on Deansgate and they have plenty of gear downstairs
 The New NickB 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9:

Cotswolds, Deansgate of Oxford Road.

Ellis Brighams, Deansgate (branded as TNF) or Castlefield.

All sell what you are after. There are no really good climbing shops in the City Centre, but that is because you have to be much more commercially focusssed when re ts are that high.
OP Scarab9 14 Aug 2009
In reply to Scarab9:
cheers all. Tend to go to Alpenstock (great guys in there!) but was in hurry to get some QDs, get home, then get on train up to the lakes. Looks like not such a rush now what with the wash out that's predicted and the big red banner saying "severe weather warning" on metcheck!
Will see what the morning brings, and possibly sacrifice a goat to the weather gods tonight

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...