UKC

Resole - Cheshire Shoe Repairs

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
lynsey.a 20 Aug 2009
Hi,

Just had really great service from Cheshire shoe repairs so i thought i would let you all know (i found them by searching in the old posts here after all!)

£28 for a half resole + rand in 5.10 rubber. Nice neat job and.....
sent them on monday and got them back today (thurs morning)!!!!

Thats a great turnaround!

Lynsey.
 CurlyStevo 20 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:
you won't know how good the job is for a few weeks until you see if the sole sticks or not.

I've had failed jobs from cheshire and feet first but generally they are fine. The last job cheshire did for me was very nice and tidy though.
lynsey.a 20 Aug 2009
In reply to CurlyStevo:

Fair point! No use if the sole doesnt stay on!
Ive never had a pair resoles before so i was pretty impressed by the neatness and turnaround time!
 HB1 20 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a: I've always been pleased with their service, although it does depend a little on the state of the shoes I've sent. I even got a christmas card once
 wilkie14c 20 Aug 2009
In reply to HB1:
This is all weird = I've just sent my Tornados off there today! first time I've ever had rock shoes resoled, thought i'd give em a try.
I like the Tornado for their trainer like comfort, they perform well on mountain routes and low grade grit. If they do a good job, I've another 2 pairs they can do for me! Tornados are discontinued now so hence my numerous pairs!
 Big Steve 20 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a: I had my 5 10s resoled a few months ago with Cheshire shoe repairs, so far they have survived dozens of trips to the wall, 2 trips to Roaches in pouring rain and a fortnight in Alps.
 dread-i 20 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:
About 18 months ago I had my red chilli sausalito done there with 5.10 rubber. The shape was different, not as exact, but still good. I have now worn through the resole, but found no issues with how it was attached. I cant get them done again as the last is falling to bits. I have another pair of boots that I'll send there at some point.
In reply to lynsey.a:

Had my first resoles done with CSR a few months back. 5.10 rubber on Evolvs. Have been delighted with them. I too had fantastic service from CSR and would happily use again.
 wilkie14c 27 Aug 2009
In reply to blanchie14c:
just to update this thread. Shoes sent on the 20th (last Thurs) And they were back on Monday!
The toe had gone right through on one shoe as well, the whole toe box area has been rebuilt. Superb job and superb service!
 neilh 27 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:

I know this place as it is the local shoe repair shop in my village.. Stockton Heath, Warrington.

One man band operation who has been there for years repairs everybody's shoes as well as having a sideline in resoling climbing shoes. Picture a little shop full of shoe's , black shoe polish everywhere ... you get the picture. Well know locally as giving good service.

wilkie14c 27 Aug 2009
In reply to neilh:
Well done to him and I wish him a prosperous future. The fellow is obviously a craftsman in an age of throw away items....
Proves the theory of good customer service = return business.
Another pair of tornados and a pair of X-cubes on their way to him...
I can confirm it is the same fellow - just looked at the packing slip - 64 London Road, Stockton Heath.
Google the shop and he has a print-out-able order form. Just checked my on-line-banking, the cheque hasn't even cleared yet! He must trust we climbers eh?! I'm going to mail his link and sing his praises to all the guys I climb with and hope my mates get their shoes re-done and he continues to provide us with his much needed service.
 Alasdair 27 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:

I was impressed with Cheshire shoes quick repair time of my Five Ten Anasazi's. However, the shoe has gone from having quite a pointed, technical toe to being a rounded, 1980's style shoe.

Just thought it was worth mentioning in case people are expecting their shoes to be as technical after a resole.
 wilkie14c 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Alasdair:
Yes, mine look as if a new toe box section is glued over the old one and the pointy-ness is now a more roundy-ness, very good though and it isn't a problem on my non-technical shoes.
The thing to remember is with any technical shoes is that they are made for climbing, not walking! Thats how I knackered my x-cubes. 1 years cragging and the toes were through, replaced with Anasazi pinks 4 years ago and these are still like new. I only were them for hard stuff and don't walk off the crag in them if at all possible.
Now, I'm sure I've some Croft B3's and Boreal fires in the loft at me mums...
Imagine the looks i'd get if i got them done and turned up in me yellow ron hills to stanage pop end? Quality!
 Duncan Bourne 27 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:
I have always had great service from Cheshire shoe repairs and find them better value than the competition. My old Boreal Laser are now on their 4th or 5th resole and still doing me good service.
In reply to neilh: Another local, eh? Do say hello if you see me about.

I believe they do walking boots repairs too - never had to use them for this but if anyone has a pair that they'd like repaired/resoled rather than binned, it might be worth talking to them.

They do excellent repairs to ordinary shoes too!

T.
 wilkie14c 27 Aug 2009
In reply to Pursued by a bear:
Price list front of me:
Only authorized UK repairer of 5.10 shoes.
5.10/mad rock/vibram XS or megabyite rubber used. (Depends on shoes i guess)
£28 and that inc return postage, toe rand and any stiching needed.
Vibram walking boots resole - £40.
 Scott K 27 Aug 2009
In reply to lynsey.a:
Had my walking boots done last year and they are very good. Just sent off a pair of 5.10s. Great service.
 mynyddresident 27 Aug 2009
I also thought they did a good job in terms of the workmanship but like another post says, they'd stuck on a ready to go sole (i assume) which was very rounded . I believed that the new sole would be cut to the shape of the original.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...