UKC

Metolius Master Cams - which size fits Millstone shot holes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ally Smith 08 Sep 2009
Are Metolius Mastercams narrow enough like Aliens to fit in the shot holes found around the Masters Edge area of Millstone?

Does anyone know which size would be needed?

Thanks in advance.
 Dan Lane 08 Sep 2009
In reply to ally smith:

Im not sure about the question in hand, but i know a size 2.5 tricam fits the shotholes at Millstone, if thats any help?

Tricams are cheaper too...
 Dan Arkle 08 Sep 2009
And size 8 wallnuts, facing in with the wire looping round
 threepeaks 08 Sep 2009
In reply to dan lane: Size 2 does too. Way cheaper and just as good. Excellent for winter climbing too - if you does that sort of crazy stuff !

Dave S
 AlistairB 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ally smith: From memory, my friend who uses mastercams said a size 6 fits in there.
OP Ally Smith 09 Sep 2009
In reply to dan lane:

Tricams are all well and good, but they're not easy to place on lead one handed.

I'm after a quick 1st time placement, hence the Alien/Mastercam question.
 BigMac 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ally smith: Aliens can/could be bought on line from the Foundry Crag X shop. It is the purple one cant think of the size.
OP Ally Smith 09 Sep 2009
In reply to BigMac:

I've seen too much evidence via Supertopo etc to have a awful lot of trust in the qulaity control of Alien manufacture, hence the question regarding Supercams.

I still haven't got an answer as to whether the larger units are narrow enough to fit in a shot hole though.
 Richard Hall 09 Sep 2009
In reply to ally smith: Hi Ally,

I have the purple and white aliens and the 5 & 6 Mastercams on the desk in front of me. They are pretty much identical in size.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...