UKC

Climbing Shoe Resoling (Manchester)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 neilfish 13 Sep 2009
Anyone know where I can get climbing shoes resoled in or around Manchester?
 Mark Sheridan 13 Sep 2009
In reply to neilfish:
Cheshire shoe repairs.
 Peakpdr 13 Sep 2009
In reply to Mark Sheridan: just dont send via royal mail .. i did 9-10 days they took to get there
 Scott K 14 Sep 2009
In reply to neilfish: Another vote for Cheshire Shoe Repairs. Sent via royal mail and got back to me in 8 days. Great service and quick turnaround.
 Peakpdr 14 Sep 2009
In reply to Scott K: i hope the return journey on mine is that good
 Scott K 14 Sep 2009
In reply to pauldr;
Yeah, it's frustrating but I waited to get a new pair before I sent the others away. I also work away from home so can afford to wait longer.
For sure there won't be any time wasting at their end. I phoned up on the Thursday to ask where my shoes were and was told they had been posted that day and they came in the post the next.
 chrisw 15 Sep 2009
Yes another vote for Cheshire shoe repairs. Mine came back in about 6 days including a bank holiday weekend. Really nice job, stealth rubber, toe patched too - with insured return postage all for £29. Bargain
OP neilfish 15 Sep 2009
In reply to neilfish:

Cheers everyone, chesire shoe repairs it will be then!
 Peakpdr 16 Sep 2009
In reply to chrisw: just got them back this morning looks like a good job , but the proof is in the glue hey
 Skinny Kin 17 Sep 2009
In reply to chrisw:
>with insured return postage all for £29. Bargain

I once bought a pair brand new Scarpa Paranoia for £19 in my size in a local shop. Now that is even more bargain than resoleing your old boots! Always check gear shops when you come across one. You never know what bargains you'll find.
 JWB 17 Sep 2009
In reply to neilfish: i always use Cheshire Shoe repairs and I can not fault the speed of service or the repairs they do to the rest of the shoe such as sticking down any bits of rubber peeling off.

My only slight gripe is the pair of El Sportivas I had done that had quite a pointed toe and they came back rounded so I lost the point toe.
 halo 19 Sep 2009
In reply to JWB: If you take a peek at the Boreal website you might just find this interesting, it seems Boreal are the only manufacturer offering this advice.

http://www.e-boreal.com/ing/Html/index7.htm

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...