UKC

Partner for New Zealand 09/10 season.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Alex Shipp 26 Sep 2009
Hiya

I am planning on going to the New Zealand South Island between the end of December/ New Year 09/10 and the middle of Feb 2010. I'm based in Peru right now but have time off then.

Planning on doing as much Alpine stuff as possible, as well as checking out the local rock and basically looking for people to hook up with.

Cheers

Alex
 Ronbo 26 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp: Try the Mountainz.co.nz forum for folk out there
thegilb 27 Sep 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp: Im going to NZ early october with the plan to find work in queenstown to sustain my activities. I am very intrested in doing some alpine stuff. Get in touch when your out there!
Alex Shipp 27 Sep 2009
In reply to thegilb:

Cheers. I've just sent you an e.mail. Alex
climbergarry 08 Oct 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp:
Hi there , i could be looking for a partner around then as well. i live in australia. ive climbed quite a bit over in the nz alps.
if you are interested drop us a line
regards
garry
 KiwiPrincess 08 Oct 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp:

Join www.alpineclub.org.nz
There is a club camp at Matukituki valley at christmas.A great way to meet locals Close to Aspiring esp SW ridge, Mt avalanche, Mt Barth etc also close back to rock at Wanaka.

Homer Hut , Milford is a Club Hut and a good place to meet climbers for Alpine rock, scrambling.

I'm a Queenstown girl , I travel away alot so am hard to get in touch with but send me a message when you are around and see if It works out.

In NZ if you go to a sport crag quite a few will also be alpine climbers too, It's a good way to meet people as not everyone wants to do a trip in the mountains with people they don't know.

Maria 09 Oct 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp:

Definitely use the forum at www.mountainz.co.nz to find partners and get conditions updates etc.

Access can get tricky in the NZ mountains in January, with cut up glaciers and gaping 'schrunds, but every season is different of course.
Maria 09 Oct 2009
In reply to Alex Shipp:
As you are coming over to NZ for only a short time, it's only really worth joining the alpine club if you plan to stay in a lot of huts - club members get a cheaper rate.

Alex Shipp 09 Oct 2009
In reply to Maria:

Thanks for that Maria.
Alex Shipp 09 Oct 2009
In reply to KiwiPrincess:

Yep, joining the club could be worthwhile, especially if I can make it over in time for the meet over xmas. My holidays start just before, so it will depend on when the cheaper flights are. I'll be about for the best part of 2 months hopefully so hut discount could be worthwhile as well as partner connections.

Cheers for the info!

Alex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...