UKC

VIDEO: Helliker & Bracey Meltdown Lecture Series

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Patagonia 19 Oct 2009

Matt Helliker and Jon Bracey, two of the U.K.'s hottest alpinists, present The Meltdown Lecture Series.

From November 22nd to December 4th, they will travel across the U.K, starting at the Kendal Mountain Festival. The two Patagonia ambassadors will tell the public about their search for new routes in the Ruth Gorge, Alaska, where they went in May.

During two weeks, they had exceptionally stable weather combined with some good ephemeral ice conditions. Perfect to open two great new routes:

The Meltdown: ED3, V, M6 R, 1300m. 12 hours climbing time and 20 hours camp to camp.
For whom the bell tolls: ED2, V, grade 6 ice and mixed, 1150m. 10 hours climbing and 17 hours camp to camp.

Now, Matt and Jon have a strong experience to share: two news routes, alpine style, committed and exposed, six months planning, a lifetimes' training, leave no footprint... Great pictures, movies and stories about their adventure will give the opportunity to everyone to experience opening a new climbing route... just like if you were there!

Venues:

Kendal Mountain Festival – Nov. 22nd
London – West Reservoir Center (near to Castle climbing centre) – Nov. 25th
Shrewsbury - The Gateway Arts Centre - Nov. 26th
Oxford - Town Hall - Nov. 27th
Bristol - The Climbing Academy - Nov. 28th
Manchester - Manchester Climbing Centre - Dec. 1st
Sheffield - Sheffield Hallam University - Dec. 2nd
Leeds - Leeds University - Dec. 3rd
Edinburgh – Ratho - Dec. 4th

http://www.patagonia.com

Many thanks to Matt and John for their great lecture at TCA last night. If you get the chance to catch up with them on the rest of the tour then it is very inspirational and worthwhile.
 Johnny Baker 01 Dec 2009
In reply to The Climbing Academy: Their relaxed attitude almost disguises the adventurous nature of their Alaskan undertaking. I wanted to hide behind my chair on seeing the slides of some of the pitches they tackled - but TCAs Paul Twomey wouldnt let me. As inspirational as Twight's Extreme Alpinsism - no doubt these two will carry the torch for the next decade of alpinism.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...