UKC

Which sleeping mat

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
kluz 27 Nov 2009
Was just wondering what type of mat is best for a bivvy. I have tried the thermarest for camping but found it no so good I have also tried the Lydl foam one which was excellent...
 fishy1 27 Nov 2009
In reply to kluz: I use a karrimat style one, it's bright yellow foam and does me for everything.
 Paul Bowen 27 Nov 2009
In reply to kluz:

A lidl foam one then... that's what i would recommend
kluz 27 Nov 2009
In reply to fishy1: my mate had one of these. Yes and he said it was excellent too.
Daithi O Murchu 27 Nov 2009
In reply to kluz:

i use the £10 blow up one from Argos,

stil l good after 4 trips to alps , couple of scottish winter wild camps, small camp outs with kids, near ice axes, crampons, stoves

no punctures, strong, weighs f*ck all, rolls up small, easy to blow up above all comfortable

cant go wrong

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0198149/c_1/1|category_roo...

however it gets slated on the reviews, wonder what their usign theirs for?
kluz 27 Nov 2009
In reply to Daithi O Murachu: Just thinking maybe have a problem blowing it up at altitude... Think, the problem with blow up types is you would be lying on the rock if it bursts...
 fishy1 27 Nov 2009
In reply to kluz: I also use mine to pad out landings, come in handy a few times.
kluz 27 Nov 2009
In reply to fishy1: Are you a Para...
 fishy1 27 Nov 2009
In reply to kluz: plegic? medic? trooper?

You are rather vague.
kluz 27 Nov 2009
In reply to fishy1: Was just thinking of landings tocht you may have used yours for a nice soft landing...
kluz 27 Nov 2009
In reply to fishy1: Have had a coupla nippy sweeties just realised you may be talking of bouldering...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...