UKC

Berghaus Yeti Extreme gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 droites 31 Dec 2009
Do people still use these? They used to be all the rage, but seem to have fallen out of fashion. Any thoughts?
loopyone 31 Dec 2009
In reply to speedysi: I have a pair that i use all the time either with scarpa mantas or a pair of berghaus 3 season walking boots. They are very good, but with some boots they benefit from a dab of contact adhesive on the front toe.
 cmcteir 31 Dec 2009
In reply to tatty112:
> (In reply to speedysi) I have a pair that i use all the time either with scarpa mantas or a pair of berghaus 3 season walking boots. They are very good, but with some boots they benefit from a dab of contact adhesive on the front toe.
I've got mine superglued at the front to my Salomon's - only use the yeti's with my winter boots.....i like the '90's retro look.

bongo 31 Dec 2009
In reply to cmcteir: Think their great, a blob of superglue and they go nowhere, strangely have 4 pairs, although 3 are strangely green and have my name and number on them.
Bongo
OP droites 31 Dec 2009
In reply to bongo: I have found a size chart and my Kayland Super Ice's are 8(42?) and this seems to be at the upper end of the medium. This should still be ok? My boots have a fairly narrow towbox, will this affect the fit?
bongo 31 Dec 2009
In reply to speedysi: All mine are L or XL and the large are tight on a pair of size 9 scarpa fereny's. Saying that i couldn't get the L on a military issue size 9 ! I think it's just a case of trying them to an individual boot.
Bongo
In reply to speedysi: No!!! I got the medium (they are actually Extremities but just like Yeti's) as this was also at the upper end ofmy Salomon 8's. I had to pull the ends over the toe box with mole grips! Another mistake I did was use the adhesive as suggested to me by the chap in Needlesports that takes 24 hours to go off. If I held the fronts over the toe box for an hour when I let go they just slid off again. If youve got 8's Id get the large.
In reply to speedysi: PS: and use super glue! Ive still got my Salomons and the attached black extremities gaiters though Ive tried to sell them a number of times without success. I prefer my Scarpa Vega's

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...