UKC

Arc'teryx Harness advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Dingleberry 17 Jan 2010
Im looking at purchacing a new harness and like the look of the Arc'teryx r320.
Im interested to here comments from people who have used them. Im not interested in the cost or durability as I will buy a new one when it wears out. I am having pain issues with my current harness so comfort is the main factor.
cheers

Bob
 Glansa 17 Jan 2010
In reply to nignogbob:

I don't have one but have hung in one in the shop and it was really comfy (but I'm really poor!). My wife uses one of the women's ones (duh!) and says she finds it almost like climbing without it on.

But we are all different shapes so as with all stuff like this the only way to find out is to get to a shop, put it on, load it up, hang in it etc. and see if it's right for you.
In reply to nignogbob: I really like mine - I've used it for sport, trad, Summer Alpinism, Scottish Winter mountaineering and pure ice climbing. Comfortable, lightweight and folds down small for squeezing into rucksacks.

But as with any harness, you really need to hang in it for at least 5-10 minutes to see how well it fits. I tried it, along with the super-light S240 model, and found the S240 really uncomfortable after a few minutes. The R320 fits me perfectly though.
OP Dingleberry 17 Jan 2010
In reply to nignogbob:
I shall deffinately try one on. They seem very specific sizes.
Good to here it was comfy. Every review i have read raves about the comfort.
I think they look fantastic too. Very well thought out and finished.
 Hannes 17 Jan 2010
In reply to nignogbob: They are comfortable though in the end I went for a more comfortable but much heavier Petzl harness
 supos 17 Jan 2010
In reply to nignogbob:

I like mine as well, but considering it's the only harness I've ever owned, that really doesn't say much.

For a more informed opinion, you might have a look at: http://www.supertopo.com/best/Climbing_Harness
 kendogcatchy 17 Jan 2010
In reply to nignogbob:
I love mine too, have done trad/sport/alpine in it. I was most happy when doing big multipitch stuff in switzerland - its all good.

I'm a bit of a punter and people do look at you like your a cock if you're not leading E12 though...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...