UKC

Yeti Gaiters Green or Red

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Galilao 05 Feb 2010
Berghaus Yeti Gaiters.

There's the Extrem's (Red)
There's the Wilderness's (Green)

But they seem to be very similar. What are the differences please?

Also, by how much with they 'warm' the boot?

and will they go on a B2?
OP Galilao 05 Feb 2010
also...

Will a Yeti on a B2 affect the fitting of a crampon?
Paul035 05 Feb 2010
In reply to Galilao:

Just got a pair for the first time. The red ones. For the same reason that I've ben suffering cold toes. Do feel warmer, though I did get cold toes again yesterday so they're not 100% (for me anyway).

They are hell to put on, practice it a few times before you go out. The best thing I heard was put the rubber bit in boiling water for 10-20 mins before putting them on so it is easier to manipulate. I have now bitten the bullet and glued them to the boot as the first time I wore them walking over snow covered heather the gaiters on both feet had peeled back off the toes. And out on the hill with cold fingers they weren't ever going back on!!

I wore them with crampons and doesn't affect them in the slightest. Scarpa boots and grivel G12's and g14's, newmatic binding.

I don't imagine they would ever cause a problem with crampons, unless anyone has experienced otherwise....

OP Galilao 07 Feb 2010
In reply to Paul035: Cheers for that

I just wondered whether the rubber on the yeti would cover the crampon bail at the back of the boot
 Merlin 08 Feb 2010
In reply to Galilao:

Green Wilderness ones are for hillwalking.

Red Extreme ones are for mountaineering, the rubber over the toe on this model is to stop them getting damaged when you kick into ice.

Either model shouldn't affect your crampon fitting no matter what binding system you use.
 Merlin 08 Feb 2010
In reply to Merlin:

Oh, and they should fit on your B2 boot, although the stiffer the boot the better the fit. And the larger sizes are best for fit (esp if your boots are slightly more flexible) as the rubber doesn't have to stretch as much and therefore naturally wanting to pop back into its original form.
 mgg 08 Feb 2010
In reply to Galilao:

Both pairs are virualing the same, The green wilderness model has the same rubber rand as the extreme. If no idea if there is a difference between the two other, ripstop condura or something??

Stay away from the yeti 'attak' which don't have a rubber rand over the toe.
The green ones are easy to find cheap as they are popular with the forces.
 Merlin 09 Feb 2010
In reply to mgg:

Ah, you're right the Attack is the hillwalking one with no rubber toe. The other two are virtually identical. The red 'Extreme' ones look better in photos though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...