/ Daily Quiz Questions - ShAFF Comp
Announcing a new competition starting today on UKC.
Each weekday between now and March 11th I'll post two questions on this thread (a general-climbing-knowledge one and a ShAFF-related one). Email the answers to firstname.lastname@example.org and a winner will be chosen from the correct entries at the end of the day. The winner will receive a ticket to a screening of their choice at ShAFF. That's 11 tickets in total. Win them all and you'll be able to take in most of the festival!
Reply to this thread with a key-word and I'll do my best to adapt the following day's general-climbing-knowledge question to the key-word!
I'll post the winner's details and the correct answers here the morning after each set of questions has been posted.
Enjoy and good luck.
Thursday 25th's Questions:
1. In what year was the book 'Hard Rock' first published?
2. How long is the 2010 ShAFF Trailer?
Yesterday's winner was Jake Clark. Jake, I'll be in touch.
Friday 26th's Questions:
1. What is the name of the threaded protection point often manufactured by climbers when winter climbing?
2. Which rock climbing legend will give a live book reading of his new book on the Friday of ShAFF?
Don't forget a key-word or two for Monday's questions.
Friday's winner was William Wilson. William, I will be in touch. The answers were:
1. Abalokov Thread
2. Ron Fawcett
I'm posting Monday's questions tonight as I am out early tomorrow.
Monday 1st's Questions:
1. Which British climber climbed and BASE jumped off Mount Asgard in 2009.
2. What does ShAFF stand for?
And don't forget to post a key-word or three for Tuesday's questions.
Oh, on Friday I forgot to post the answers to Thursday's questions. They were:
2. 1m 44s
The answers to Monday 1st's questions were:
1. Leo Houlding
2. Sheffield Adventure Film Festival
The winner was Alex Buisse. Alex, I will be in touch shortly.
Tuesday 2nd's questions are:
1. What nationality is climber Adam Ondra?
2. How many times has ShAFF been held before 2010?
Don't forget to post a key-word...
Thanks for letting me know Jake.
Tuesday's answers were:
2. 4 times
Wednesday 3rd's questions are:
1. Which outspoken climber made the first ascent of Comes The Dervish?
2. What is the name of the Liverpudlian free-runner who will feature in two films at ShAFF 2010?
Wednesday 3rd's answers were:
1. Stevie Haston
2. Daniel Ilabaca
Thursday 4th's questions are:
1. What's the second highest mountain in Wales?
2. Name one of the photographers who will be competing in the Arc'teryx Adventure Shot on the Saturday night at ShAFF.
Thursday 4th's answers are:
1. Crib Y Ddysgl (Garnedd Ugain) at 1,065m
2. Adam Long, Richard Siepp, Robbie Shone, Alex Ekins or Alex Buisse.
Friday 5th's questions:
1. Which famous climber's middle name is Omprakash?
2. What time / day is the Best Of ShAFF programme at the festival?
Friday 5th's ansers:
1. Chris Sharma
2. 8pm Sunday 14th March
Monday 8th's Questions:
1. What non-climbing sport have the shoe manufacturers 5.10 made great in-roads into, almost by accident in the last few years?
2. Name one of the bands that will play at ShAFF 2010.
Monday 8th's Answers:
1. Downhill Mountain Biking
2. Mojo & The Beatniks or The Keltones
Tuesday 9th's Questions:
1. How heigh is K2?
2. How many times is the 'Adrenaline' programme screening at ShAFF 2010?
Tuesday 9th's answers:
1. 8611m or 28,251f
9:30pm - Fri 12th Mar - Showroom Four
9:00pm - Sat 13th Mar - Showroom Four
7:00pm - Sun 14th Mar - Showroom Two
Wednesday 10th's questions:
1. Which national park has a 'hole' in it?
2. How many films by Alastair Lee will feature at ShAFF 2010?
Wednesday 10th's answers:
1. Snowdonia - the 'hole' encompasses Bleaunau Festiniog
2. 2 films - Gerty Berwick and The Asgard Project. The ShAFF trailer was also produced by Al so 3 would have been accepted.
Thursday 11th's questions:
1. Which route did Ron Fawcett most famously climb for the camera's in 'Rock Athlete'
2. Name one of the two galleries featuring at ShAFF 2010.
Thursday 11th's Questions:
1. Lord Of The Flies
2. Living Art & The BMC
Elsewhere on the site
Rock shoes stink – let’s face it. Boot Bananas are the perfect way to fight the funk and keep them fresh. They help... Read more
Tonight's Friday Night Video features the Norwegian town of Rjukan, once believed to be the home of the world's tallest... Read more
Perhaps the perfect Xmas gift for the climber in your life... Wild Country's Crack School has two of the worlds best crack... Read more
The release of Peter Jackson's new film The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies on 12th December may not appear to link to... Read more
F ounded in 1993, Mountain Hardwear are a pretty young mountaineering clothing and equipment manufacturer but are also one of... Read more