UKC

Hotrock Alternative

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob15 08 Mar 2010
This summer, I'd love to do something like a Hotrock expedition, like some kind of tour, i'd probably be interested in doing about a month, i've looked at the Hotrock Africa expedition and it seems to be turning out to be slightly too expensive for me, are there any similar alternative options for example in Europe (its the flights that are tipping it over the edge).
Cheers Rob
OP Rob15 09 Mar 2010
In reply to Rob15: bump
 SGD 09 Mar 2010
In reply to Rob15: Don't know anything like this going on but we were in Sicily over xmas and you could happily spend a month going round the various areas there and possibly combine it with a trip to Italy. We wild camped too which kept our costs down although there were a few good camp sites about which I guess wouldn't cost too much based on a good B&B being 20 euro's a night.
OP Rob15 09 Mar 2010
In reply to SGD: the problem is that my normal climbing partners aren't able to come away anywhere this summer, so i'm looking for something guided or people to go with to be honest.
 SGD 09 Mar 2010
In reply to Rob15: ah...see your problem. We bumped into quite a few friendly locals at the one crag and I ended up climbing with the one guy but you can't really chance upon something like that.
 jimtitt 09 Mar 2010
In reply to Rob15:
These are the guys that do it in Europe- Kletterbus, don´t worry they speak English! Seem to have a good reputation but I can ask someone who knows them better if you want.
The link is to thew English language site. http://abc-climbing.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...