UKC

Beal Cobra Prblem

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GirlieEyes 11 Apr 2010
Hi

I've just brought a pair of beal cobra half ropes. I used them last weekend climbing on the sea cliffs in cornwall, fantastic ropes, handle great and dry treated! Now.... i tried to keep them dry as possible but they did get a bit wet with salty sea water. So when i got home i ran them under clean water in the bath to rinse off the salt water and dried them out. Here's the problem........ they've now gone stiff and feel rough as if they're five years old!!!! Arghhh .....how do i get them back to handling smooth and handle as they did when new??? Do you recommend nikwax proofing them??? I'm going to be using them extensively in the alps this summer and on plenty of scottish winter routes too, so would love them to just handle a bit better and feel liekm they wouldnt absorb water as much!

Help
Thanks
 Hannes 11 Apr 2010
In reply to GirlieEyes: They'l probably go back to normal when they run through the belay device the first time.
 Dan Lane 11 Apr 2010
In reply to Hannes:

Yeah, when you wash a rope, i find it stiffens up a bit, but after a couple of routes it goes back to normal, usually anyway.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...