UKC

Rope-bag recommendations please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tasmat 26 Apr 2010
Hi all. I've recently bought two 8.5mm 60 meter half ropes, and I am now looking for a suitable rope bag. Does anyone have any particular recommendations or favourites? When using club ropes in the past, I've used the Black Diamond Superslacker, which has been fine.

Many thanks.
 antoniusblock 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat: The cheap option is the old Ikea bags. 30p!
OP tasmat 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat: Bump.
OP tasmat 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat: Alternatively, does anyone know of any shops (either on-line or bricks and mortar) that have any on sale? Thanks.
 chrisprescott 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat: Just got my self a Black Diamond Rope Bucket. Had to get the Outdoor Shop to order it for me from the US, but its awesome, fits both my double ropes into it and I can just tie into the two ends sticking out of the bucket and start climbing
 CurlyStevo 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat:
personally I think the dry bags are very good if you mainly just intend to use if for storage between destinations. I rarely try and lie my rope on the actual sheet part of my rope bags anyways.
 damowilk 27 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat:
Hi,

I've got a BD superslacker in red and black in good nick if you're interested in a second-hand one, £15 posted?
Climbpsyched 27 Apr 2010
In reply to antoniusblock:
Second that. No point paying anymore. You can pimp out your Ikea bag and add an extra part to stand on.
OP tasmat 28 Apr 2010
In reply to damowilk: yhm
 owrehleeoh 28 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat:

I bought the cheapest option from the needlesports web site.
At £15 or so I can see no point in spending more as it is big enough for both ropes and has a nice tarp for when the ground is horrible.

Aurelio
 Aigen 28 Apr 2010
In reply to tasmat: Metolius makes a good rope bag. Just make sure the one you buy does not have a slippery surface. My friend bought one like this and the rope always slide off it onto the ground even on the easiest of angles.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...