UKC

Same rubber as Anasazi Pinks?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy S 01 May 2010
I lost one of my Anasazi Pinks so I now climb with an odd pair of shoes!

I did have a pair of the new 'greens' (Verdes I think they're called), but I lost them. Luckily, I was actually quite glad to lose them, because I couldn't seem to get on with the rubber!

My feet kept slipping unexpectedly, which was terrible for my technique and confidence. I never usually have to think about the friction on my feet - my brain seems to deal with it subconsciously. But climbing in the greens I was always having to think about them and I also started gripping the rock too hard with my hands as a consequence. Anyone had a similar experience?

What shoes have EXACTLY the same rubber as the old pink lace-ups?
 Phil West 01 May 2010
In reply to Andy S:

The whites (Blancos), I believe. It's C4 you want. The Verdes have Onyxx.
 neil the weak 02 May 2010
In reply to Andy S: The pinks used C4, so the new white lace ups (V2's) and Rogue Velcro both have the same compound on them.
OP Andy S 02 May 2010
In reply to neil the weak: the old pinks were definitely stealth c4? I can't seem to find out what rubber was on the old pinks.
 neil the weak 03 May 2010
In reply to Andy S: Yes, definetely.
 Charlie_Zero 03 May 2010
In reply to Andy S:

Just looked at the soles of some Pinks, they say Stealth C4.
 bouldery bits 03 May 2010
In reply to Andy S:

5.10 Red Mocc's also have C4 compound (well, the pair I picked up last week do anyway)

Oli
 Charlie_Zero 03 May 2010
In reply to Andy S:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1095

See this link for a UKC review of the Five Ten Anasazi V2. The differences between the original Pinks, the Verde (Green ones) and the White V2 are explained.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...