UKC

Got on the Conville Course

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Petarghh 13 May 2010
Just got a call from PyB... I'm there on the 20th of june !!

Anyone else found out yet? or on the same course, get in touch if you are..

Pete.
 Clay C 13 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:

Yeah, heard back this morning, im on 27-29th course!

Currently trying to work out how to get there as close to the 27th as possible by coach. The only company ive found so far is eurolines, and the latest possible coach gets there a few days early. Does anyone know if there are other coach companies that run from the UK to France? Alternatively, if anyone has a space in a car going out for that course, i'd be willing to share costs!
 Milesy 13 May 2010
In reply to Clay C:

Not heard anything so I guess that is a negative
ali m 16 May 2010
In reply to Clay C:
Ye well chuffed i got acepted for 23rd -25th June.
If any one else got that date let me know, maybe stay on a couple extra days!?
Travelling from Leeds and Planning to fly out to Geneva.
 Juglan 16 May 2010
Shit not heard anything myself yet. That sucks.
 Juglan 16 May 2010
Ali & Petter - what are your backgrounds? What did you write on the apps?
 mark_chal 17 May 2010
In reply to ali m: Hey, I got accepted for the 23-26th dates as well. Really looking forward to it. Was planning on going out there for about 2 weeks to get some stuff done afterwards, hoping there would be some people on the same course/later ones who are like minded?? So i'll definatley be around for a few days afterwards.
OP Petarghh 17 May 2010
In reply to Paul Doran: hey paul.

On my application, I basically discussed my climbing grades and aspirations for becoming a mountain guide.

I also noted that I had done some climbing in the alps before up to PD.

I dont think I attempted to "sell" myself as such I just noted down what I could climb, what I have climbed and what I want to climb!

I few of my friends also applied and didnt get on, all similar ability and experience.

Good luck with next year though !
OP Petarghh 17 May 2010
In reply to texeltup: I've got an open ended bus ticket, Hopefully plan to get 20 days + out there (my course finishes on the 22nd).

A friend from uni is still deciding whether to come and climb.

I'll almost definitely see you on the campsite if you're staying at the "glacier d'argentierre" and I'll be up for climbing anything.

Pete.
 willbris3 17 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh: got the course on 23-25th. coach times seem pretty impossible, would be willing to share cost if anyone is driving down, would be a great help
 Lew13 17 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:

Got on the 14-16th July course.

Anyone else on this one?

Think I'm going on eurolines coach from newcastle. How old are you all? I'm curious as to the average age. I'm 18
 Lew13 18 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:

Anyone going be around after this course to do some other stuff?
ali m 18 May 2010
In reply to texeltup:
Brilliant,i look forward to meeting you. I can only manage 3 extra days after the end of the course. Cant take any more time off work, Rubbish!
So defo count me in for doing some more stuff for the 3 days directly after 25th. Will be my 1st time to Chamonix (climbing) so going to try get my hands on a quide book soon so i can have a prior look at some possible routes.
Cheers
 sweenyt 19 May 2010
In reply to LewClimbs:

Hello mate,

I'm also on the 14th course. Should be a good laugh. No idea about the average age, but I'm 21.

Re hanging about afterwards, I'll be out for another 2/3 weeks I think, depending on money/work, but I'll be with my uni climbing club too. I''ll chat to you on the course, but I'm sure I'll be game for getting out for a day or two!

H
OP Petarghh 19 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh: When are people on the June courses heading down ? I've got a coach booked from London on the 17th, to stay at the Glacier d'argentiere campsite. anyone else heading down about the same time or even on the same coach ?

willbris3 19 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:

got the course from the 27th - 29th now instead. keen to climb afterwards.
is anyone driving down for this course date? i would be more than happy the split the costs!
 jayjackson 19 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:

Hi all,

I'm in Cham 11th July til 5th Aug without a partner this summer - anyone fancy doing a route or two?

Drop me an e-mail if you do,

Jax
stuart945 21 May 2010
I'm on the june 30th course. Whats the best/cheapest travel arrangements anyone has found? I'm tempted to get the train so i don't get raped for luggage weight.
OP Petarghh 21 May 2010
In reply to stuart945: Coach from London to cham, open return for £101 with 30kg kit allowance... thats the best I've found.
 Ben Ranson 21 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:
> (In reply to stuart945) Coach from London to cham, open return for £101 with 30kg kit allowance... thats the best I've found.

Who's that booked through? I'm on from the 30th till the 2nd but was hoping to get some time in beforehand (IML Days and some acclimatisation)
 Jack Loftus 22 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh: I have got on the 7-9th July course. Anyone else on this date??
 chris67 25 May 2010
In reply to el_capitan:

Hi I'm booked on the 30 June - 2 July course and looking to get in some days and experience after the course
 rosie.cole 25 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh:
I'm on the 11th-13th July course, is anyone else on this one?
I'm also now without a climbing partner to do some stuff with following the course, I was hoping to stay another 5 days or so, if anyone is interested in doing some routes or peaks (bearing in mind its my first trip to the alps) please get in touch.
and I'm 30 so prob going to be one of the older ones! :-/
Also I was planning on driving out on the 9th July with a work colleague but he's now decided not to take his place on the course (IDIOT!) so if anyone was interested in being out for 10 days from then and wanted to share costs let me know otherwise i think i'll fly...
 Annette 26 May 2010
In reply to Petarghh: Yhm
 tskelhon 26 May 2010
Hi, I'm on the 20th June course. Yet to book transport erk! What's the best way of getting to cham? I'm 23 btw
OP Petarghh 26 May 2010
In reply to tskelhon: Hi, I'm getting a coach from London on the 17th, arriving in cham on the 18th of june. Cost me £101 return with 30kg of baggage.

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Pete.
 sweenyt 26 May 2010
In reply to tskelhon: Bus. Im getting one from London... 101 for an open return. loads of weight for gear. Flexible dates.

But it takes 18 hours.

H
 tskelhon 26 May 2010
Sorted, just bought 17th June ticket so Petarghh we'll be on the same bus. Am keen as mustard to hang on for a week or two after to do some routes (until the boss calls me to find out why I'm not at work! I'd better break in those scarpa nepals then!
OP Petarghh 26 May 2010
In reply to tskelhon: ah awesome, I'll be the one swearing and sweating while lugging a 30 kilo Blue exped bag to the coach!
 philbish 27 May 2010
hey
Im on the 20th June Course. Flying in and out as I've got to be back for a wedding so leaving on the afternoon of the 23rd.
I'm getting there on the morning of the 19th if anyone else is around!
OP Petarghh 27 May 2010
In reply to philbish: I'll be arriving on the 18th, camping in Argentiere (glacier du argentiere site), Should be in or around Cham on the 19th, looking at shiny, shiny things I'll never be able to afford in the gear shops! lol
 Annette 09 Jun 2010
In reply to Petarghh:
I'll be in Argentiere from the 15th June, doing Conville 20th-22nd and then staying to do as much climbing as possible until the 15th July. If anyone is looking for a climbing partner during that time email me
OP Petarghh 09 Jun 2010
In reply to Annette: Look forward to seeing you there!
 tskelhon 14 Jun 2010
Seeing as I have a free day on sat 19th before the course, I'm feeling a bit like doing some walking/sport climbing to get 'warmed up/ acclimatised', also can't be in cham and not climb if the weather's good! Who's in?

Annette: I'm staying in the area for a week or two after the course and am keen as mustard for some epic alpine adventures!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...