/ V12 DEAL OF THE MONTH: Nano Quickdraws at a Nano Price

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
[Single Nano Quickdraw, 1 kb]Camp Nano 30 quickdraws: lightweight quickdraws in quantity at a lightweight price. 10 for 99.99!!!!

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/news.php?id=2757
petellis - on 24 May 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

Are these a different quickdraw/biner to the nano 23? The name and spec don't match anything on the CAMP website but the picture looks like the nano 23.
Hardonicus - on 24 May 2010
In reply to petellis:

According to the V12 site the biner weighs in a 30g.

The Camp Nano 23 weigh in at ... 23 grams.

There two versions out there.
jamestheyip - on 24 May 2010
In reply to Hardonicus:

I've put my Nano 23 on a kitchen scale. It weights... 30 grams.
There could be two different versions which I'm not aware of, but the biner was sold to me as Nano 23.
Hardonicus - on 24 May 2010
In reply to jamestheyip: Strange? The only google results for camp nano 30 are at V12?

Where did you get yours from?
In reply to petellis: It's sad that I know this but there was an original Nano model and then the lighter current one which I guess is the 23. These are the older ones I think. If you look they have gate shrouding which the newer ones lack. See the pics on the newer ones in my review: http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=1155 No shrouding around the gate.
petellis - on 24 May 2010
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers - looks like they are slightly heavier and stronger than the current nano 23 but still pretty light. Perhaps V12 bought all the remaining stock or something.
In reply to petellis: I think so, yeah. If I remember correctly either Climbing or Alpinist raved about the original Nanos, so I guess you won't go wrong with these if you don't mind little krabs. I wondered why they took the shrouding away on the 23s, I like shrouded gates, always make you think its a purposely designed wiregate, but I guess they need to save off 7 grs somewhere!
Alex Thompson - on 25 May 2010
In reply to TobyA:
I've got a few of the old Camp Nanos, not as fond of them as the DMM Phantoms; they're 2 grams heavier (!), but smaller overall, have a smaller gate opening and the gates are slightly stiffer to open.
r0x0r.wolfo - on 25 May 2010
Found a better deal easy. trek and run are selling the lighter phantoms for 9.99 a piece on field and trek
petellis - on 27 May 2010
In reply to r0x0r.wolfo:
> Found a better deal easy. trek and run are selling the lighter phantoms for 9.99 a piece on field and trek

Yeah - but you have to factor in the Ryanair stylee 4 postage. Grrr
ads.ukclimbing.com
k2col on 28 May 2010
In reply to petellis:

Field and Trek have 20% off this weekend and for some reason I didn't get charged postage. Bought 12 DMM Phantom Quickdraws for 96! 8 each!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.