UKC

Rock shoe resole - pictures.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 27 May 2010
Always lots of interest about rock shoe repair, I had some done a year ago and they have shown no sign of coming apart or excessive wear. Photo in the link showing the same shoes - one pair in need of doing and the other showing what the repair looks like.
The service from cheshire shoes was very fast - had them back within a week.
Hope it helps.

http://www.cheshireshoe.co.uk/

http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy141/blanchie14c/Resoled%20climbing%20s...
 HATTSTER 27 May 2010
In reply to blanchie14c: Hi, the 1st picture the toes dont look as pointed? does this affect the shoes performance at all m8? is it worth it if the shoe isnt as precise?
In reply to HATTSTER: that's a fair point they look quite rounded (obviously better than they were before) but they don't look like they've got much by way of edges when they resole shoes do they just stick a new toe patch on them?
 Scott K 27 May 2010
In reply to edinburghboulderer53:
They replace about 2/3 of the sole. Cut off just in front of the heel of the foot. You can hardly see the join.
 catt 28 May 2010
In reply to blanchie14c:

Chesire shoe repairs did an absolutely shocking job on my 5.10s. They were cheap and fast but the quality was very poor. They effictively ruined the shoes, coming back with a completely different fit and pofile, I felt like I was wearing flip flops instead of climbing shoes. Maybe I got unlucky and got done by a crap apprectice or something, but I'll not be using them again.
OP wilkie14c 30 May 2010
Hey all, been away for the W/E so in answer to your Q's...

They are not as 'pointy' no, I guess the repair isn't going to suit a lot of shoes, technical ones anyway. These are Red chilli tornadoes, really comfy, all day 'trainer type' shoe. Got 2 pairs as they don't make them anymore thats why I wanted them repaired. I wear these on 'easy' routes and on all day'ers in the mountains so fair to say I'm not really going to notice the difference too much. I have climbed at the top of my grade <E1> in them on rare occasions! It looks to me like they use a pre-formed repair section, the old shoe is cut away to make room and then the repair section is stuck to it. The shoe will them take on the shape of the repair section so if the original shoe isn't the same shape as the reair section, you'll really notice the difference.

Hope this helps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...