UKC

All day multi pitch shoe's for size 13 feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ianslade 20 Jun 2010
I'm after some all day shoe's to multi pitching and may be instructing in, I have size 12 - 13 (wide) feet depending on the make, looked at five ten V Mile's and La Sportiva Rock Jock's, does any one have an opinion on these or any other recomendations?
 popebenedictus 21 Jun 2010
In reply to ianslade:

phone gooutdoors at sheffield. They had some la sportiva nago's in size 12 and 13 for £25 when I was in last week. could grab yourself a bargain!
 Oli Greg 21 Jun 2010
In reply to ianslade:
I'm a size 12.5 and currently have a pair of Scarpa Force, once broken in they're comfortable enough to wear on multi pitch stuff. Did have Red Chili Spirit velcro, but found to get the toes comfy the heel ended up really baggy.

But the most comfortable that i've tried on are the Red Chili Sausalito, but i just wanted something a bit more technical.
 henwardian 21 Jun 2010
In reply to ianslade: I use a scarpa thunder (size 12), comfortable enough for me for all day use with some discomfort by the end. For pretty easy routes that are very long I also sometimes use 5.10 coyotes but if there is any climbing anywhere near your limit you will probably find that they are not technical enough, comfortable as wearing an old pair of slippers though.
 Scarab9 21 Jun 2010
In reply to ianslade:

I'm size 14 normal shoes, I've got 11.5 evolv...er...the blue ones! Can't remember the make...

anyway, really comfy, can wear them all day, and can do everything I need in them. Not into the high grades yet thugh so can't say how they live up to more technical stuff in the Es.

Also had Scarpa Thunder originally. They seem to havea weird fit for the toes so weren't good for me.
OP ianslade 24 Jun 2010
In reply to all: Thanks every one i'll go and try some on!
 seankenny 24 Jun 2010
In reply to ianslade: I hate to hijack this thread, but wondered if you guys could help... I'm taking my cousin on a family holiday to Font, would love to pack a pair of ratty old climbing shoes just in case he fancies having a go. He's size 12 or 13. Does anyone have a pair of old shoes - any condition - which I could buy off you?

Thanks, and my appologies to the OP.
 seankenny 25 Jun 2010
In reply to seankenny: Bump...!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...