UKC

Bloc sunglasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Has anyone had any issues with these in the past?

Mine have just broke after less thabn 6 months service!!! Whats the customer service like?

Thanks

Wes
Alan Mc 30 Jun 2010
In reply to 0bi_0ne:

I've had issues with two pairs :-

The arm snapped off one pair after only about 12 months - I knew they were bought from John Lewis in Newcastle, but I couldn't find the receipt so I just put it down to experience !

The surface coating started to rub off the frame of the other pair after about 18 months, but I had only paid £10 for them at Rock and Run and the shop had since changed hands, so once again I just wrote them off.

Your first call should be to the retailer you bought them from - good luck.

Alan
Good news...I received an email from Bloc this afternoon. They are going to Replace them for me. i've just got to send them off

Fantastic Service!!!
In reply to 0bi_0ne: bloc are quite cheaply made but not that cheap to buy. I would recommend sppending a little more on a low spec pair of Oakleys like the fives or the minutes. Much better quality.
In reply to higherclimbingwales: I'm thinking of doing just that as i dont really want to be caught out again! I've just been looking at Julbo. They look pretty decent!
 Denni 30 Jun 2010
In reply to 0bi_0ne:

Hi mate,
I had to send three pairs back. All three arms broke with minimal use. Luckily the shop I bought them from in Guildford, Mtn Trek and travel, did it on my behalf.

In the end, turned out to be a bad design so they replaced them with the higher spec model for free.

Their customer service was very good.

Den
 LastBoyScout 30 Jun 2010
In reply to 0bi_0ne:

I am about to retire a pair of cycling glasses after only about 15 years of use - nothing wrong with the lenses, but the rubber covering the bendy wire ear bits has all crumbled off. They're already on a second frame - I broke the first one and Bloc replaced it without any problems. If anyone from Bloc is reading it, can I have a new frame, please, pretty please?

I've also got another pair that I bought as a cheap pair to take to Egypt - they've been good for over 2 years and would still be perfect if I hadn't dropped them and put a tiny scratch on the lens and then sat on them and bent the frame a bit! They've straightened out ok, though.
In reply to LastBoyScout: Click and send...I had a reply within 4 hours

http://www.bloceyewear.com/pages/contact_us.html
In reply to 0bi_0ne: My Bloc sunglasses broken just by leaving them in a (very) hot car... phoned Bloc this morning and within seconds they had emailed me a returns form.. Excellent service... When I get my replacement pair I must remember to keep them out of the sun...
 Katie86 01 Jul 2010
In reply to 0bi_0ne:

My main problem with sunglasses is I usually loose them.
R.I.P bloc sunglasses in some Norwegian Wilderness....
R.I.P sunglasses in a river in the French Alps....
R.I.P sunglasses on a bus in New Zealand...

For that reason I usually buy bloc but have never paid more than £15 for a pair. (TK Max, Cotswold Rock Bottom)...

I have some awesome Julbo cat 4 glacier glasses tho!
In reply to Katie86: I used to do the same and would only spend £10 max on sunnies but I would end up forking out for more and more pairs. In the end I stumped up for a pair of Oakley whiskers (£120) and I have had these for nearly 2 years (though I did have a close call when I left them on the roof of my mates car and we drove 30mi to find them trapped between the roof and the spoiler!!!).
If you spend £££ on something, you tend to look after them more hence less chance of them being lost/broken/scratched!

I now only wear oakley as they are miles ahead in terms of design, quality and functionality

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...