UKC

Gorges Du Tarn this weekend!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 NaomiHart 26 Jul 2010
After extensive consultation with the UKC RD forum, me and my mate Ursula decided to head for Gorges Du Tarn, getting there this Friday.

We are training it from Newcastle - London - Paris - Montpellier, then hopefully catching a bus to Millau (if my understanding of a french autocar timetable online is accurate...), where we find ourselves 30km from Campsite La Blaquiere. The people at the campsite then suggest a taxi from Millau, costing about 50 euros.

Any chance anyone has any other ideas about how we might get there from Montpellier / Millau, or by any wonderful chance is anyone else going to be out there with a car? Fancy some help with petrol costs?

TimB 27 Jul 2010
In reply to NaomiHart:

Sorry, I won't be going there this weekend, but I have a couple of suggestions.

You're planning on getting line 381 to Millau from Montpellier?

After that you can get a bus from Millau to Le Rozier:
http://www.keolis-aveyron.com/LesAutocarsKeolis/Leslignesinterurbaines/Lesl...

Le Rozier is at the junction of the Tarn and Jonte Gorges, this is only about 15km from the campsite and pretty much every car/van/motorhome will be going at least to Les Vignes, so you should be able to hitch up the Gorge quite easily.

The other option is to try and get a lift from local climbers. There's a bouldering wall in Millau which is where most of the locals hang out. It's a bit out of town, at 1 rue de la prise d'eau. Their opening times are
Vendredi : 17h00 - 21h00
Samedi : 9h00 - 12h00 / 13h30 - 19h00

and you can usually buy the topo from them too.
 PeteH 27 Jul 2010
In reply to NaomiHart:
Well if you get lost, I think I'll be in Dorset.

Have an awesome time!
Peter.
OP NaomiHart 27 Jul 2010
In reply to TimB:

Thanks mate that's really useful. Although it looks like we might miss the last bus, we get into Millau on the 381 about 18.50 and I think the timetable says the last bus to Le Rozier is at 18.15...

But we'll find a way!

Naomi

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...