UKC

pyb course "touching stone"

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 cookieman 18 Aug 2010
anybody here completed or intend to 5 day course.i only climb 5a/b indoor.is this a suitable level as my week begins 27/09.
 Charlie_Zero 18 Aug 2010
In reply to cookieman:

I've taken a couple of PYB courses. It's usual for the course organiser to talk with everyone on the first morning to get details of their experience so far, and to find out what they would like to achieve from the course. The course, whilst running to a rough outline schedule, is then tailored to suit the requirements of those taking it.

You certainly don't need to be able to climb high grades indoors to benefit from any of the PYB beginner/intermediate level climbing courses.
 Niall 18 Aug 2010
In reply to Alan_2468:

> You certainly don't need to be able to climb high grades indoors to benefit from any of the PYB beginner/intermediate level climbing courses.

That's for the advanced course, 'Touching Cloth'
 AlisonSmiles 19 Aug 2010
In reply to cookieman:

Give them a call or drop them an e-mail and ask. I did that when I did the sea kayaking course, being slightly nervous about whether my experience matched the minimum requirements. They are really good at responding to queries, and you'll have it from the horse's mouth!
 Charlie_Zero 19 Aug 2010
In reply to cookieman:

If you locate the course details on the PYB website, you will find a link to the reviews that previous participants have submitted for Touching Stone, which may be helpful to you.

Make sure you have reasonable waterproof gear - every course I've been on in Snowdonia has had a couple of days of wet weather, even in mid-Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...