UKC

pontas vs katana

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jas wood 24 Sep 2010
Folks,

Looking for some new shoes at the minute and thought i was going to fork out (they are expensive) on tried and tested sportiva katana which i have had before BUT whilst in the shop i eyed some evolv pontas and they looked good so tried them on and the fit was very good with a little less dead space in the heel than the katana and feel very similair.
I,m wondering if anyone has a comparison of the 2 directly ?
Also concerned about rubber not being sticky ?

anyone shed any light ?

P.S looked at the reveiws but would like to know a direct comparison or even comparison to anasazi's

Thanks
 mikemartin 24 Sep 2010
In reply to jas wood:

I've used both. I find the key difference is the fact that the pontas are synthetic so they don't stretch too much, if they fit you staright out of the box then they are excellent shoes. Just the right amount of stiffness in the midsole to make them good on small edges but not too stiff that they are a nightmare at smearing. I don't have any problems with the friction.
 Skyfall 24 Sep 2010
In reply to jas wood:

I had some evolvs (not the pontas) and I found ny feet got v hot in them and that combined with the synthetic inners as well meant my feet just rolled inside them, despite them being a really good fit otherwise.

I'm a Katana fan, but I have tried lots of shoes and not encountered the same problem as the evolvs (not with 5.10's for example which are also synthetic).
In reply to JonC: I have owned a pair of Anazansi for a while and i find them a bit baggy around my foot with a lot of movement inside the shoe. I have used la Sportiva for a long time and find that they are more precise and accurate when climbing. However that's my own personal experience and I have very narrow feet.
banned profile 74 25 Sep 2010
In reply to jas wood: evolv have a boot demo at the depot climbing centre in leeds on thursday the 30th september

drop in and try some out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...