UKC

Yeti's or normal gaiters for Nepal Extremes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jonnie3430 19 Oct 2010
I've been using yetis for the last few years with my Nepals and liked them. They fell apart last year and before I replace like with like I was wondering if anyone recommended any other gaiters to use? (I like gaiters as they stop deep snow getting up the salopette leg and down into the boot.)

Cheers, Jonnie
 Monk 19 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430:

I used MR Crocodiles for years (before they broke recently). They are like standard gaiters, but fitted much more snugly around the boot, preventing any snow creeping up underneath.
 Dom Brown 19 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430: I used Yeti's with Scarpa Freneys and found that the snow managed to work its way in between the boot and the gaiter after a long day anyway. i was really suppriesd to find that it hadnt managed to get into my 4 year old berghaus snowline gaiter (which by the way at the time only costs £20). 2 critisisms of the snow line athey aren't Gore-tex which if only being used in the snow is not essential i know. b they are very close fitting around the leg all the way up. but they do do the job they were built to do well.
 LastBoyScout 19 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430:

Have given up with my Yetis, for 2 reasons - firstly, the rand on one side is split to the point where it won't stay down over the toe of my boot and keeps popping up and, secondly, they were always a bit too long and baggy on me and I got fed up with it.

Anyway, I now use a pair of Extremities Novagaiters (Gore XCR) and they've been great so far in rain and snow.
workblowschunks 20 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430: I'm interested in this too as I had yetis for years but dont have any at the mo and I've just got some nepals and was thinking of getting another pair of yeti's but I'm not sure how they would fit. I made many repairs to my yetis over the years by superglueing bits of innertube over the splits when they formed. Also glued them on all the way around the boot to stop snow getting in and it worked great. Not sure if I would do that (glue) on my nepals though.
 A Reid 20 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430:

I'm waiting to try some of the new Yeti gaiters out next year
 benjino 20 Oct 2010
In reply to jonnie3430: I have the Outdoor Designs Super gaiters for my Nepal Extremes and they are the Mutts Nuts if you can find them still, absolutely bomb proof, crampon proof and dry.

I can't speak highly enough of them as Nepal Extremes leak like a sieve without them, leading to some pretty uncomfortable days.

They we're expensive but in my mind worth every penny!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...