UKC

Menorca

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JFort 02 Nov 2010
Anyone been to Menorca and done any climbing?
Looking for a nice holiday next year, but not all climbing, just a few days at the most over 10/14 days.
Had a look on here and there are a couple of reasonable sized crags but not much info, so anyone got any more?
Ta
 John Ww 03 Nov 2010
In reply to JFort:

Been lots of times in the past, but never found any decent climbing - and the odd bits of decent rock I found at the coast were unbelievably sharp finger-shredders. May all be different now though.
OP JFort 03 Nov 2010
In reply to John Ww:

Ah, so not much then. Think Mallorca a better bet?
 conorcussell 03 Nov 2010
In reply to JFort: I went to Menorca in July and after much searching i found this on a spanish website

http://www.mediafire.com/file/aeuz7j0u2jq708j/Menorca%20escalada%20deportiv...

I didn't find the topo till the day i left for the holiday and did not end up taking gear, so cannot recommend any climbing.

The south of the island is mainly razor sharp rock but the south east coast seems to be where the main crags are. If your after a climbing holiday Mallorca is probably a better bet but places like cale's coves in Menorca were pretty incredible, climbing or not.
 Mark Bull 04 Nov 2010
In reply to JFort:

> Ah, so not much then. Think Mallorca a better bet?

Mallorca has plenty of good climbing (and a Rockfax guidebook). There's also some very pleasant hill walking and scrambling.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...