UKC

NEW REVIEW: Helmets: BD, C.A.M.P. and Wild Country

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 15 Nov 2010
The C.A.M.P Armour Helmet , 3 kbThree helmets on test: the Black Diamond Tracer, Wild Country Rock Lite and C.A.M.P. Armour Lady.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3067
 Tom_Harding 15 Nov 2010
What is the purpose of this review, all it seems to do does is advertise 3 products independently. It does not compare or contrast them in any useful way nor give you any meaningful information as to which one is recommended.

I understand UKC relies on advertorials for a lot of its revenue but when you finally try and write an independent review can you at least try and be critical of the products. Every conclusion just said the helmet was good or similar.

Why don’t you put your money where your mouth is and give marks out of 10 for various aspects as other climbing sites do, Rather than a pseudo review in which you are unable or unwilling to be critical in any constructive way.

You might as well read the Cotswolds catalogue for as much information as is in this review.....
 S11 15 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC Gear: The brand of helmet mentioned at the start should be Compton not Crompton
 Andy Say 15 Nov 2010
In reply to S11:
> (In reply to UKC Gear) The brand of helmet mentioned at the start should be Compton not Crompton

You pedant! But I totally agree. Made by a company also engaged in the production of police helmets at the time if I recall. 2 models. The original was fairly minimalist but the Mk2 was full on with a 'chin strap' which had a plastic chin cup on it absolutely sure to fill with sweat if you got woried Of course the snowdon mouldings / JB helmet was in there pretty quick.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...