UKC

Quechua Bionnassay Trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 climbwales 30 Nov 2010
Hi All,

Been looking at these, they look brilliant value for £40.

Has anyone used a pair? Would be buying for winter & alpine mountaineering?

Cheers,
Chester
 tom.e 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: I have a pair, they are ace. Get them.
 More-On 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

Second that - search for the recent thread on them.
 Leo Woodfelder 30 Nov 2010
In reply to tom.e: Do you wear just them plus base layer pants? Need to kit myself out for winter and everything seems extortionate!
 Swirly 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: Use them for ski-touring, seem to be the most popular choice in the Alps. They're excellent, doubly so at that price.
 Jack Loftus 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: Ive got some and they are the BEST for £40.
Ive used them in winter and alpine, but never with anything underneath.

What can go wrong for £40.
 mlmatt 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

They're brilliant. Great value for money and pretty heavy weight and robust. I use them with thermals on and I've found them a little warm on the walk in but then they're nice and warm when standing around belaying for hours!

for £40 enjoy!
 Mr Powly 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

What they all said.
 Leo Woodfelder 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: Sounds like they are the way forward! Bagging some of them this weekend!
 groovy_nut 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

Another whole-hearted agreement, truly ace trousers - mine have stood up to 4 seasons of abuse, both winter and summer (alpine) and seem like they'll go on forever!
 lithos 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

any petite girls tried em. my SO is a size 8 - would the small fit her ?
 Aigen 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: I have just got the jscket of these pants, and find the material very good. Breathable, warm and stretchy.
 pippab 30 Nov 2010
In reply to lithos:

I'm a size 8 & have just got a pair in size small - can get thin thermals on underneath, but they're a good fit on their own. Length wise they're pretty perfect for me - I'm 5'6".

So depends on sizing and temperature - if she wants to wear thermals underneath the medium might provide a bit more room, but if not the small would be fine i think.

Hth

Pippa
 Taurig 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales:

I've also been loking at these trousers, but as I'd probably have to get them online I was wondering about the sizing. I normally take a medium in everything but my 32 inch/81 cm waist is bang on the medium-large border on their size charts. Any blokes that have these trousers with the same measurements found them to be on the tight or loose side? I generally prefer trousers to be a bit looser than tighter.

Also, are these ok for all year round use or are they a bit too warm even on their own for spring/summer use (Scottish summer, haha!)?
 Oceanic 30 Nov 2010
In reply to MarkDH08:
> (In reply to climbwales)
>
> I've also been loking at these trousers, but as I'd probably have to get them online I was wondering about the sizing. I normally take a medium in everything but my 32 inch/81 cm waist is bang on the medium-large border on their size charts. Any blokes that have these trousers with the same measurements found them to be on the tight or loose side? I generally prefer trousers to be a bit looser than tighter.
>
> Also, are these ok for all year round use or are they a bit too warm even on their own for spring/summer use (Scottish summer, haha!)?

I'm a 32 to 33 inch waist and the medium fits me. I could wear a large but they would be too long in the leg for me (I'm a 31 inch inside leg).

I sometimes wear them on their own, but wear a pair of Marmot Driclime Side Zip Pants under them for skiing and colder climbing days (I never use over trousers with them, but I did wear thermals, Driclime Sidezip Pants and Bionassay trousers in Norway when it was -20c)

Too warm for summer, but would work for summer alpine if you used shorts in the bottom of the valley.

Taurig 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Oceanic:
> (In reply to MarkDH08)
> [...]
>
> I'm a 32 to 33 inch waist and the medium fits me. I could wear a large but they would be too long in the leg for me (I'm a 31 inch inside leg).
>

Thanks for the quick reply Oceanic. So, would you say you would be wearing the large if they came in a shorter length? Are the mediums quite a trim fit? Don't mean to be a nosy git but I hate getting something in the post and realising two seconds later they need to go back!

lithos 01 Dec 2010
In reply to pippab:

thanks, they sound fine, you are a tad taller than her but should be ok
In reply to climbwales:

Another vote - I had two pairs - great for touring, alpine climbing etc
 Paul Crusher R 02 Dec 2010
In reply to climbwales: great pants, light as, not fully windproof, let a bit through when it gets up. a pair of thermals, these, and goretex trouser all you need for winter. bomber for £40.
In reply to More-On:

> Second that - search for the recent thread on them.

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=430229&v=1
dominic_c 08 Dec 2010
In reply to climbwales:

Off this thread I got a pair. Not used them outdoors yet as they only just arrived but look like good value and also a good fit.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...