UKC

Why do my Nepal Evos give me sore feet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Superchop75 02 Dec 2010
I have four pairs of Sportiva boots (Trango S and Alp, Spantiks and Nepal Evo Gtx) all size 43 and all with the same superfeet insoles. I can wear them all bar the Nepals all day with no discomfort. I don't want to get rid of the Nepals as they are brilliant for climbing but they murder me walking, particularly downhill.

Any suggestions/advice gratefully received!!

Cheers
 gear boy 03 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316: Nepal EVO is a different last shape,

Explain pain areas
 mlmatt 03 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316:

I've got some nepal extremes and I don't use superfeet and at the end of a good day out on the hill my feet too are a little sore. I've always put it down to them being so much stiff and harder on my feet that anything else I wear. I just put up with it because it's a small price to pay for some boots that otherwise fit my feet fine. I do love how I can climb in them.

Maybe some walking poles is the answer, taking some of the pressure off your legs and therefore feet?
 andrewm1000 03 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316: likely that they are too short. your foot may be sliding forward when walking and especially when going downhill and your toes pressing against the front toe box. Does that sound possible? Is it toes that hurt? In that case perhaps try different lacing technique to keep your foot / heel back and not slip forward. See you tube for some lacing techniques. Not sure if this is the case for you but could be. see what others comment. oh yes, it doesn't matter that they are all size 43 and they are actually slightly different sizes in practice. regards
 PHILD 25 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316
Where are you getting the trouble??
What colour superfeet are you using?
 Flashy 25 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316: I always thought this was a common issue with the Nepals. Most of the people I've known who've worn them, myself included, get sore feet (especially at the front, and especially downhill) when wearing them.

I don't know what causes it -- speculation usually settles upon thin or very stiff soles.
In reply to Flashy:
> (In reply to hopskin316) I always thought this was a common issue with the Nepals. Most of the people I've known who've worn them, myself included, get sore feet (especially at the front, and especially downhill) when wearing them.

is more likely due to the fact that people jump into a pair of boots that they think are comfy but don't pay attention to the fact that they might be the wrong shape for them. the Nepal Evo is indeed a differentshape to the other boots from LaSportiva and if you are hitting the end of the boot with superfeet then chances are the boot is the worng shape.

if they are a 43 I'll take them off you for a good price
 Flashy 25 Dec 2010
In reply to higherclimbingwales: Seems a bit unlikely that this only seemed to affect Nepal owners. Are Trango wearers and Scarpa customers that much more fit-savvy?

It's an odd one, as it wasn't due to the foot hitting the front of the boot (as you implied) but just to underfoot soreness that just wasn't encountered with other boots. Hence my suggestion of thin/rigid/uncushioned soles.
 ColdWill 26 Dec 2010
In reply to Flashy: I concur, Seems to be the sole they use. I had very painful balls of my feet with both the Nepal Evo and the Batura. The Nepals got better as the sole wore down, the Baturas didn't as I didn't wear the sole as quick.
 jkarran 26 Dec 2010
In reply to hopskin316:

Mine make my feet ache after a long day, mostly a generalised ache from the soles. I assumed it's because I have soft boy-feet that need to toughen up.

jk

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...