UKC

MyoLite 3 problems

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 18 Dec 2010
About 12/18 months ago my myolite 3 packed in, sent it to petzl, no receipt, replacement in the post 3 days later, super service.
The replacement has now packed in, has anyone else had trouble. I suspect it is something to do with the twist/hinge mechanisim.
Really i`ve lost faith in it now, but not with petzl, as i consider my headtorch one of my most crucial pieces of kit.
Anyone else had trouble with them.
Can anyone reccomend another headtorch, price is not the main issue, i have a lightweight petzl with 3 led`s, which is great, but i`m looking for something a little more serious.
Cheers sjc
 nikinko 18 Dec 2010
In reply to sjc:

Mine just packed in a few weeks ago, 2 weeks inside the 3 year guaruntee. A loose connection had developed where the wire enters the light housing (as you say, probably to do with movement in the hinge as the ligt is re-angled. I Took it back to Cotswold where it came from and within a week the phoned to say it had ben replaced. As it is no longer made Petzl had sent me a very nice Tikka2 XP. (all LEDs, one normal strength and one superbright)

Moral of the story... take it back to the store or contact Petzle.

cheers

Nikki

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...