UKC

beal rope? what you guys think?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 john_mx 13 Jan 2011
just got a beal rope but i got rid of the tag and i was just thinking how many falls can one rope take? i know the but on the end says its a 10.2 mm rope and 50m long and its a standard rope.

what rope have you guys got and what you think the best rope is?

stevedude888 13 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:
Best rope depends on what style your going for really...
OP john_mx 13 Jan 2011
In reply to stevedude888: sport and but of multi pitch! what you think then dude?
 SeanFda 13 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:
Search beal's site for the info. With those spec's it's probably the Edlinger model.
OP john_mx 13 Jan 2011
In reply to SeanFda: yea got it in v12 for £100 new like so for that price i think its a bargain what rope you use dude?
 Thrudge 13 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:
No idea about number of falls, but Beal make top quality ropes - you've got nothing to worry about there. I use one and I can't fault it. Mammut are excellent, too.
 JGF 13 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:

My old man pulled a car out of a ditch with with my 10.5 Beal (he says he only used the first 5m) and it's still going strong!! Certainly pushed my grade up a notch cos I'm too scared to fall on it!
G
 EddInaBox 14 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:

If it's a Beal Edlinger then according to the tags I took off my 40m Edlinger on Tuesday the figures are:

• Impact Force - 8.00 kN

• Diameter - 10.2 mm

• Number of UIAA Falls - 8

• Sheath Slippage - 0 mm (+/- 5mm/2m)

• Weight per Metre - 65 g

• Material - Polyamid (PA)

• Elongation 80 kg - 9.5%

But the price of a Beal Edlinger II 10.2 x 50m Rope on V12 is only £70.
OP john_mx 14 Jan 2011
In reply to JGF: ahah i would flip if my dad did that with my rope ahah
 IainWhitehouse 14 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx:
> .....and i was just thinking how many falls can one rope take?

That depends entirely on the falls. The ropes I have on test right now are taking several hundred each without massive problems.

The quoted figure for UIAA standard falls is a very long way from being helpful information - it gives no idea at all of how the rope will stand up to real-world falls.
Iain
 Mikester77 14 Jan 2011
In reply to EddInaBox:

I bought a 60m beal edlinger ii 10.2 at the beginning of the week. I agree with all the stats says the same on my packaging.

I only paid £80 at my local wall. Was supposed to be £100 though, got a special January members discount

OP john_mx 15 Jan 2011
In reply to john_mx: i think its good to have a good rope i like have climbing gear more the merrier
 EddInaBox 15 Jan 2011
In reply to Mikester77:

Sorry, I think I trump you in the bargain rope stakes, I bought the 40m Edlinger wall rope for about £29, 70m Edelrid Boa for £60 and 111m of 10mm Beal Antipodes for £91!
 james1978 15 Jan 2011
where did you get these super deals? Please tell.........
 EddInaBox 15 Jan 2011
In reply to pollencajames:

Go Outdoors had 50% off on all climbing gear last Tuesday, and a glimpse of my next credit card statement would make your eyes water, but it was a one day only thing.
 EddInaBox 15 Jan 2011
In reply to pollencajames:

Actually it was the Tuesday before last.
OP john_mx 15 Jan 2011
In reply to EddInaBox: ahah but you have got it now init and you got it at 50% off its a bargain

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...