UKC

Boreal Crux

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lukem6 25 Jan 2011
Whats everyones opinion on Boreal Crux?

I've never used a down turn shoe before and looking to make this my first pair, as i've found a deal on these.
 James Smith 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610: best thing would be to get into a shop that sells them and try them on. Fitting aside I wouldn't go for them personally. Have you had a look at ls katana's? Or scarpa spectros, ive had a pair of these for a long time and are really good shoes.
 beardy mike 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610: If they fit your feet,they are awesome. Great for small edge lime etc. - not so good on smears obviously... I reckon they added a grade to me...
 Swig 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610:

I like them. But they fit my feet. Which is the most important thing. If they suit you then the deal is great otherwise it just means you've wasted less money.

Where's the deal BTW?
 john arran 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610:

They came out top of all performance rock shoes in a big planetFear review a couple of years ago, so if they fit you can't go far wrong.

I found they softened up quite a lot, starting off quite stiff and becoming much softer without actually stretching much, so pretty good for edging when new and better for smearing when older.

I don't think they're particularly downturned either, actually quite neutral for a performance shoe.
OP Lukem6 25 Jan 2011
In reply to Swig: at the nottingham climbing centre
 jas wood 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610: i had a pair and found i didn't trust them at all ! they where edgy to start off with and are now like carpet slippers, maybe they don't fit my foot well but i found them awful.

Evolv pontas (current shoe)
spectro
katanna
annasazi
all way better in my opinion
 Fraser 25 Jan 2011
In reply to lm610:

Iv'e had a couple of pairs and liked them a lot. But they stretched soemthing awful. I usually wear a 44, but had to buy a 46 in the Crux!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...