UKC

Find Out More About Polartec Neoshell

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Polartec 14 Mar 2011
premier post photo
Polartec Neoshell

Be Liberated By Polartec NeoShell

http://www.polartec.com/shelter/polartec-neoshell/

Waterproof fabrics have forced outdoor enthusiasts to live with the restrictions of sweat, saturation, cold and overheating for too long. Introducing Polartec NeoShell. The first truly breathable, fully waterproof, temperature regulating fabric ever. Tested and proven by some of the most committed outdoor enthusiasts on the planet. With unprecedented breathability in a waterproof fabric, it's the ultimate in personal climate control.

Find out more: http://www.polartec.com/shelter/polartec-neoshell/
 Gazleah 15 Mar 2011
In reply to Polartec: Anyone tried this out?
 Dane1 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Gazleah:

I'm been skiing and climbing in a Westcomb version here in Chamonix for the last month. Pretty amazing stuff. I'll have a write up on coldthistle in mid April.
ice.solo 07 Apr 2011
In reply to Gazleah:

am working with a japanese company doing prototypes in all 10 or so new textiles.

put it this way: hold off buying anything else until you try this stuff.
 JayPee630 18 Apr 2011
In reply to ice.solo:

When's this stuff hitting the markets here in the UK, and what companies are using it?
Polartec 26 Apr 2011
In reply to JayPee630:

It should hit the market in September ready for autumn. There's quite a bit of stuff around: Mammut has the Gipfelgrat jacket which is part of its Eiger Extreme range with some gloves to match. That's a kind of waterproof soft shell; Rab has the Stretch Neo Jacket and Stretch Neo Pants which is a bit like you would expect a stretch waterproof to be plus a few other products; Marmot has the Zion jacket also a bit like a soft shell and Westcomb have the lightweight Apoc jacket.
stravaiger 06 May 2011
In reply to Polartec: Been trying out Westcombs NeoShell jacket in the scottish hills and its the mutts nutts, deals with moisture better than any fabric I have tried and its totally waterproof. definitely recommend re-proofing your old jacket until September.
 agibb 19 May 2011
In reply to Polartec:

Any idea if this fabric will require reproofing? How long can I expect the (astonishingly expensive) neoshell jackets to last?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...