UKC

OMM - Poor Quality?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Kyle Warlow 29 Mar 2011
Firstly, A few months ago, I bought an OMM waist pouch to use for a 15 mile trailrun event. The very first time I used it, one of the compression straps snapped (and it wasnt even pulled that tight!). No biggie, managed to fix it myself and I though it was just a one off thing, probably. Been ok since.

Right......so last week I ordered a Jirishanca MSC 35 RL. It came saturday morning and like a child, couldnt wait to use it, so went for a climb in the afternoon. Loaded it up with a half rope, harness/shoes, and half a rack. My girlfriend had the other half of the kit. 15min walk in. Great no problem. Did a route, started walking back. PING!! The stiching on the left shoulder strap just gives way spontaneously, rendering the bag useless after less than 30mins.

Has anyone else experianced simular problems with OMM products or am I just unlucky?
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Unlucky or not OMM warranty and service is very good IMHO.
OP Kyle Warlow 29 Mar 2011
In reply to brt:

No doubt. But Id rather not have to use it personally and have the products I purchase last past the first use.
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Undoubtedly. I was trying to alleviate any feelings of an OMM based conspiracy against you

In reply to brt:
Lol. Consider me alleviated
 Simon Caldwell 29 Mar 2011
In reply to Kyle Warlow:
The OMM kit I've had has lasted a few years - my Villain sack is on its last legs after 5 years, but has been much used and abused so not surprising given it's weight.

Of course the current stuff may be worse, but I won't find out until my existing ones need replacing
andy@OMM 29 Mar 2011
In reply to Kyle Warlow:
> Firstly, A few months ago, I bought an OMM waist pouch to use for a 15 mile trailrun event. The very first time I used it, one of the compression straps snapped (and it wasnt even pulled that tight!). No biggie, managed to fix it myself and I though it was just a one off thing, probably. Been ok since.

Hi Don't want to "teach my granny to suck eggs". Best course of action is always to get in touch with the people that supplied you. In the first instance this is the shop that you bought it from. If that is not possible then talk to the manufacturer. We at OMM welcome comments and feedback and if you have a problem with kit we need to know about it otherwise how can we fix it?
 Wee Davie 29 Mar 2011
In reply to Kyle Warlow:

Got an OMM Kamleika jacket and been very happy with it. Well made and surprisingly hard wearing considering the light weight.
In reply to andy@OMM:

Hi Andy,
The pack was sent back to the supplier right away and I'm awaiting a replacment. I was just trying to find out if other people had experianced any simular problems before I got in touch with you guys. I don't wont to kick up a fuss on your door step over what could be (and probably is!) a one off thing. If other people had experianced the same problems then its cause for concern and as you've said, you should and would know about it.
Fortunately, judging from the above comments, it seems I'v just been unlucky and evryone elses products have been great, and I can look foward to using my replacement when it arrives.

Kyle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...