UKC

Caley - New Sewer - BMC PLEA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Caley roadside is to be closed for three months for the new Bramhop to Otley main sewer is updated. The sewer will divert through the Caley boulders and many near to the road will be irreversibly damaged or even lost, this will include the likes of Not My Stile, Our Fathers and New Jerusalem.

The BMC can do little without the support of ALL climbers signing a petition. Please email the BMC NOW with your support so we can get this STOPPED NOW!

office@thebmc.co.uk

gcandlin 01 Apr 2011
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.: Good but I'm not biting!
In reply to gcandlin:

We only have a few weeks to save these boulders of national importance, Leeds city council (the land owner) are responsible for this vandalism and through our support and the BMC we must at least try to stop it, TODAY before it's to late.
 winhill 01 Apr 2011
In reply to A Nidderdale boulderer.:
>
> this will include the likes of Not My Stile,

Not My Stool, shirley?

In reply to winhill:

Seriously guys, this is important.
 Steve John B 01 Apr 2011
In reply to gcandlin: I fell there...
 danm 01 Apr 2011
In reply to Steve John B:

I can smell something - maybe a new sewer is needed after all....
 MeMeMe 01 Apr 2011

Can they be relocated maybe?

I've got a wheelbarrow you can borrow if necessary.
In reply to MeMeMe:

Oh I get it now, you've all been mislead by the date.
This is serious, EMAIL THE BMC TODAY, tell how strongly you feel and that you support them in their fight.
 sparra 01 Apr 2011
> (In reply to MeMeMe)
>
> Oh I get it now, you've all been mislead by the date.
> This is serious, EMAIL THE BMC TODAY, tell how strongly you feel and that you support them in their fight.

Or email the council, since they probably don't know anything about it either!
 Offwidth 01 Apr 2011
In reply to sparra: Its not like the council or the BMC have any real work to do after all. I'd suggest everyone should email our Nidderdale friend several posts with words of sympathy and support.
 SCC 01 Apr 2011
In reply to Offwidth:
> (In reply to sparra) Its not like the council or the BMC have any real work to do after all. I'd suggest everyone should email our Nidderdale friend several posts with words of sympathy and support.

Agree.

Sypeland@googlemail.com should get there ok...

Si

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...