UKC

Caseg Boulders(Where should I park then?)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ewan Russell 18 Apr 2011
I know there is currently access issues up at caseg boulders anyone fancy telling me where I should park to avoid conflict??? thanks for the info.
 catt 18 Apr 2011
In reply to The third:

Sorry, can't answer your question (though also interested in the answer), but would be interested to know the access problems. I can't see anything on the RAD, but may be interested in visiting this weekend.
 Mike Peacock 18 Apr 2011
In reply to The third: http://www.northwalesbouldering.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=499

I normally park on the Ciltwllan road. There's generally room for a few cars. I don't know if it's now suggested to park elsewhere.
 Elfyn Jones 21 Apr 2011
In reply to The third:
There have been some reports of the landowner asking climbers to leave this site in recent months. The main concern seems to be that gates have been left open and dogs have been "disturbing" stock. The boulders are on enclosed private land and the field before the boulders is used by the farmer as a lambing area, and is not mapped as access land. The current advice would be to ensure that all gates are left as found, do not climb over any fences (there are gates)and do not take dogs with you if bouldering here.
If you do get accosted or asked to leave please report the issue back to us at the BMC. I hope to meet with the farmer in the next few days and if he's willing and it helps the access situation then the BMC will be providing a stile and some simple signage.

Parking is also difficult here - there is occassionaly some space at the last houses on the track from Gerlan, but please do not block any gates or entrances and if there are no spaces then a longer walk in will be required.

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...