UKC

down sleeping bags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
hey all

i really like the alpkit skyehigh 800 but its out of stock anyone know of any other sleeping bags that are similar (similar price would be nice too)

cheers guys
fruteborce 18 Apr 2011
In reply to minus273degrees:

Rab ascent 700- another four season down bag. I've got one and got have complaints! Bit more pricey though at £200ish

Ramblin dave 18 Apr 2011
Alpkit bags are really hard to beat at the price - I know because I put off getting a down bag for too long and have had to get something else.

Maybe one of the Mountain Equipment bags would do you? I've just bought the Helium something or other instead of a Pipedream 600. Hill and Dale have got a nice 20% off thing at the moment - http://hillanddaleoutdoors.co.uk/productIndex.php?cat=1&subCat=4
 Styx 18 Apr 2011
In reply to minus273degrees: Keep an eye out for a Mountain Equipment Xero 550 in the sales, in the past they've gone for £160-180. But if you're not in a rush... wait and get an Alpkit one anyway! I'm very happy with my Alpkit bag.
 jazzyjackson 18 Apr 2011

get the skyehigh 1000 while they have a few left.
amazing bags, worth the extra pennies IMO.
In reply to jazzyjackson: none left now
In reply to minus273degrees: anyone had any experience with the Mountain Equipment Dreamcatcher 500?
In reply to minus273degrees: bump
Dr.Strangeglove 22 Apr 2011
I've got one - quite old now - keeps me warm enough in winter in the UK.
some nice features with the elastication. Mine was pre DWR but I think more recent ones have this.

Pritchard 22 Apr 2011

I have a dreamcatcher 500, great bag. I wanted it for the stretchy panels in the legs as I get claustrophobic in the mummy ones. My wife got the helium 400, which is the same warmth, smaller and lighter (but a mummy) as she doesn't mind the confinement. I would say the helium has a better built quality as well, doesn't seem to lose feathers as much as mine does.

The coldest I have been out in mine was probably between -2 nd -5 camping in the deep snow last year in the Ochils (near Stirling), I was warm enough, but only just. Its great for year round use with the exception of full winter, which I find perfect as if it was warm enough for full winter, it would be too warm in summer.

Hope this helps.
In reply to minus273degrees: any experience with a north face blue kazoo or hotlum anyone??
 mark burley 07 May 2011
In reply to minus273degrees: My missus nicked my Blue Kazoo about 10 years ago, and hasn't complained about it yet. Not used it in severe conditions though, but she does sleep cold.
 mark burley 07 May 2011
In reply to minus273degrees: Does Magic Mountain still sell Mountain Equipment sleeping bags direct from the supplier. They used to have end of line stock and slight seconds etc.
Give them a call on Monday to see what they have in.

Magic Mountain Tel -01457 854424

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...