UKC

TRAX® XT-5 Evolve vs Stealth C4 5.10 rubber

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 24 Apr 2011
hi,
i'm looking for a new pair of shoes, cannot decide between evolve bandit and 5.10 rogue, as both are fairly priced, which rubber, you've experienced, to be more durable, won't wear to quickly.So far i've been wearing red chilis, and have been very pleased,
thanks in advance
seb
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 24 Apr 2011
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: Red Chillis are absolutely awful,whatever you choose will be a vast improvement.
Removed User 24 Apr 2011
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:
if you say so, i shall be very pleased with either of them indeed, as found my rc spirits lasting long,
cheers
seb
 jacktomlinson 24 Apr 2011
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74:
The 5.10 stealth rubber kicks every kind of other rubber's metaphorical rubber arse
 CharlieMack 24 Apr 2011
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74:
The type of rubber your shoes are covered in wont really make any difference until you're climbing pretty hard. So just opt for the shoe that is more comfortable

I've no experience with Trax XT-5 rubber, but ive found most rubbers these days are fairly similar in durability, (i've owned every major shoe make other than evolv) although id say la sportiva perhaps lasts a little longer than most.
 UppityClimber 24 Apr 2011
In reply to CharlieMack: I've owned a few pairs of evolv shoes and some 5.10s. I have found most shoes have a similar life span with regards to rubber except the evolv optimus primes. I went through the toe of one of them in about 3 months. Otherwise I have found La Sportiva, Boreal and 5.10 all last around 8 - 12 months used about 3 times a week.

The key to making your rubber last is to not drag your toes when you climb. Precise placement of your feet will massively reduce wear. That and avoid gritstone, I find grit kills my shoes faster than anything else.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...