UKC

Anyone climbed in Patagonia Paddler Board Shorts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 silhouette 20 May 2011
I bought these from a climbing shop (I can take them back) because they looked cool (and why not?) and had a secure pocket. I see however that they have a nylon lining. Is the climbing shop just selling them for DWS or are they suitable for "normal" climbing?
 galpinos 20 May 2011
In reply to silhouette:

Are your legs restricted? Would your fella flop out when bridging/highstepping?

Surely, as you actually have the shorts, you can decide yourself?
 TobyA 20 May 2011
In reply to galpinos:
> Would your fella flop out when bridging/highstepping?

Actually, thinking about it, make that a

This is one of UKC's odder posts isn't it? I can't say I ever put much effort into thinking whether any shorts are suitable for climbing or not. It its warm enough, they're suitable.
 JayPee630 20 May 2011
In reply to silhouette:

Jesus f*cking christ. You've got the shorts, surely you can decide if they're OK for you to climb in without asking for advice about it on the internet?

I despair...
In reply to silhouette:

They are only suitable for 'normal climbing' on second, if you lead wearing them, your belayer might get a glimpse of your 'johnston'. If wowed over, (belayer) might let go rope or pay out too much slack, endangering you(leader) and increasing distance you might fall.

Thet are perfectly suitable for late season ice on the Ben, under salopettes (on lead or second), though can be awkward to pee whilst wearing them, sallys, under harness!

Stuart
 L.A. 20 May 2011
In reply to Stuart the postie: Is that the same Johnston that travelled around with Bawswell?
 deepstar 20 May 2011
In reply to silhouette: Climbing in Patgonia in shorts!..Is that why Maestri used so many bolts on the Compressor Route.
ice.solo 21 May 2011
In reply to silhouette:

the shop sold them because they are from patagonia. they are actually for surfing (hints in the name).

if you dont like the lining cut it out like most surfers do with such things (they take longer to dry and are only there for social reasons as mentioned).

im sure if they cope with DWS they will handle 'regular' climbing - afterall, its only the fall thats different.

and next time buy hurley, much better.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...