UKC

Alpkit Numo

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 RichJ634 26 May 2011
Anyone have any experience of this mat? Particularly interested in warmth and durability.
 Andy Say 26 May 2011
In reply to Gob_Stopper:
They work! I've used one in Spain last Autumn and UK over the winter. Haven't managed to puncture it yet despite kipping on some rough ground (with tarp underneath). Really cold (minus temps) it did seem a bit cool underneath. Quite hard work blowing it up because of the internal baffles (?) but light and compact. Works for me as a backpacking mat (or something to use when packing for a budget airline!)
OP RichJ634 26 May 2011
In reply to Andy Say: Cool, thanks. They're a pretty tempting price. I still feel a little loathed to ditch my ridge rest...it's been a faithful friend and I've had to chase it in the wind the once!!

Anyone else?
 Glansa 27 May 2011
In reply to Gob_Stopper:

I've only spent 3 nights on mine so can't comment reliably on toughness (but it's survived the dog clambering all over it in my Akto so far) but I can say that it was far more comfortable than any of the lightweight self-inflating mats I've used (various thermarest prolites and similar). The extra thickness and full length while still keeping a good weight and pack size are great for the money.

I always sleep hot so can't really comment on insulation as I spend most of the time trying to cool down, not stay warm.

Finally just to say what has been said many times before; Alpkit's service is wonderful. I only realised I needed a new mat mid morning on a Friday and I was leaving for the trip in question Saturday lunchtime. Emailed them and asked if it was possible, instant email reply saying "call us and we'll sort you out" and first thing Saturday morning my Numo arrived. The shipping cost a wee bit extra (total price £46) but that seems fair to me.
 Steeve 27 May 2011
In reply to Gob_Stopper:
after a few years of various inflatable mats, including a number of alpkit's, I now stick with my ridgerest.

even the most durable and reliable of air mats wont be as durable or reliable as a foam mat.

it can be very nice to have the extra comfort, but I've often found in the morning my back is worse off for having been on a inflatable mat.

for what it is, the numo is an excellent mat at an excellent price, but if you're getting on fine with you're ridgerest, I'd stick with it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...